The overall functions of an HIM Float 1 / 11 is to provide one on one training with HIM staff and to cover for medical records in all ADC locations. In addition, the HIM Float must work cooperatively and effectively with the HIM staff to ensure that work in various areas of the HIM department is processed and completed. HIM Float will perform other tasks as directed. DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Learn all jobs and procedures in the HIM departments including satellites.
2. Provide coverage for all HIM positions including satellites.
3. Provides one on one job training to all HIM staff.
4. Maintains productivity, service/quality standards as defined by supervisor for areas covered.
5. Maintains weekly productivity sheet and submits to supervisor weekly.
6. Applies customer service techniques to all phone calls regarding medical records and office related issues.
7. Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner.
8. Maintain orderly files by continually checking for misfiled charts and refiling according to the filing system.
9. Utilizes Chart tracking system to denote location of record.
10. Process special projects according to instructions/guidelines pertaining to each project.
11. Purge obsolete/inactive records and file in storage.
12. Maintains confidentiality, privacy, security of protected health information and physical safety of patient records.
13. Learns, utilizes and continually maintains knowledge of the Logician, Scanning, Excel, Word and IDX systems.
14. Practices good safety measures when bending, lifting, stopping and kneeling.
15. Maintains a professional demeanor by talking softly and avoiding loud disruptive laughter.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or other member of management team.
1. Do quality Audits on all HIM processes as needed.
2. Assure that all Scan/Import stations have current processes when given updates.
3. Notifies Office Assistant when supplies are needed or equipment needs repair.
4. Adheres to all ADC policy and procedures.
5. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
6. Any other duty as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY:
Ability to work in group and independently when necessary; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, coworkers, and professional staff. Sound knowledge of medical record concepts, policies and procedures; medical terminology, ability to work in a group and independently when necessary; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, coworkers, and professional staff. Ability to train and teach technical aspects.
Ability to use computers, telephones, photocopiers, 10 key by touch and fax machines. Posses an ability to work under pressure accurately and complete work timely. Must be able to deal with changing situations and differing locations. Must present and maintain a pleasant, personal and professional image of the Austin Diagnostic Clinic at all times. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED and one year or related experience or training.
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic - 15 months ago
At the Austin Diagnostic Clinic, our foot and ankle specialists aim to provide comprehensive management of a wide variety foot and ankle...