Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
Current opening is in the Health Information Management (HIM) Department responsible for the overall management and support of the health Information management systems including implementation, planning and maintenance.
- Bachelors degree in computer sciences, health care administration, health information management or related field
- Two (2) years experience in a health information management department or electronic health record environment or combination of the two
- Work experience with systems and applications
- RHIA or RHIT preferred
- Must have Onbase System Administration Certification and Onbase Advanced Systems Administration Certification or obtain within 6 months of employment.
Participates in the research, evaluation, design, testing, implementation, upgrades, support and maintenance of Health Information Management applications including, but not limited to, Hyland OnBase document imaging system, Rimage DVD burning hardware/software, 3M Coding System and Amtelco. Recommends new technology, products and system updates including software and hardware specific to Health Information Management.
2. Serves as a liaison for the EPIC HIM and EMPI applications by facilitating effective communication between customers and technical system resources by translating operational language into technical terminology.
3. Collaborates on implementation of new software installations, upgrades and integration.
4. Evaluates integration with legacy systems. Identify and define required system modifications and or enhancements to improve existing systems.
5. Provides oversight of system access and security, data capture and information workflow.
6. Provides assistance with workflow analysis and redesign so HIM systems functionality is optimized.
7. Work with customers to develop and design future needs and efficiency measures through workflow processes with document imaging system.
8. Software technical expert and primary resource for Health Information Management applications to support end-users and vendors.
9. Facilitate cross-functional teams for the management of a project environment with an emphasis on quality, productivity and consistency.
10. Diagnoses problems, evaluates solutions and communicates resolution to users, managers and associated HCMC support resources. Works continuously to correct and prevent issues related to systems and data quality. Business owner for interface error queues as appropriate.
11. Provides support and assistance to users and ongoing education and training when needed. Provides in-service learning opportunities, documentation and training to all staff.
12. Coordinates system downtime related to maintenance and communicates with affected users and managers.
13. Coordinates the operational approval and management of OnBase document type and sub-category list. This includes new requests for HCMC and affiliates.
14. Collects and analyzes data for departmental needs and special projects. Provides system reports and queries to ensure HIM systems are running at peak performance.
15. Provides technical consultation to HIM management, other departments, vendors and information technology on HIM systems and processes. May serve as project manager on assigned projects.
16. Serves as liaison with health information management electronic systems. Provides support to all users with issues related to protected health information capture, timelines, accuracy, retention, security, access, and data integrity.
17. Responsible for all assigned HIM systems maintenance within the organization. Work with customers on resolving complex and non-routine hardware, software and operation system or integration problems as related to HIM systems and applications.
18. Manages tools such as procedures and flowcharts, instructional manuals and other materials to promote effective use of the HIM systems and applications.
19. Coordinates with organizational affiliates when using HIM systems and applications to ensure continuity of data across multiple organizations with in one electronic system.
20. Other duties as assigned but only after appropriate training
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard