Returning Applicant Login
Full Time Employee
West Des Moines, IA
The HIT Advisor provides health information technology consulting services in a variety of settings such as physician offices, hospitals, health systems and long term care facilities. Consulting services include IT readiness assessments, product evaluation and selection, Meaningful Use consulting, quality improvement, workflow optimization, health information exchange, project management, change management, gap analyses and other advisory services. This position functions as a trusted advisor to clients on health IT projects and develops/recommends consulting tools and strategies.
The HIT advisor understands how health IT supports goals for improving care and marketplace trends such as meaningful use, quality reporting, and emerging care models such as ACOs and PCMH.
1. Client Analysis and Counseling
• Perform assessments and consultation to support adoption of health IT within client organizations, such as: EHR, Health Information Exchange, patient portals, and other.
• Consultant will make recommendations and provide support on product selection, implementation, workflow processes, product optimization, changes in practice/process redesign, best practices, etc.
• Recruits providers, hospitals and others to participate in health IT-related initiatives
• Understands and delivers the value messages and rationale for participation
3. Client Education
• Contributes to the content of REC presentations and webinars on current Health IT topics and trends
• Develops/contributes to hand-outs, tools, newsletters and publications on current Health IT topics and trends.
4. Project Leadership
• Manages all phases of client consulting projects
• Develops and executes project work plans
• Maintains timeline on completion and achievement of goals
• Notifies management of timeline barriers/delays
• Focuses as the point person for communication and issue resolution
• Deliver on-site and web-based/remote clinical training to individuals and groups
• Maintains organized documentation pertaining to assigned clients
• Leads effective meetings internally and externally
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care, HIT, Information Technology, Business or related field and/or equivalent training and/or experience.
• 3 years experience working with EHRs or Health IT; hands on EHR implementation experience or HITRec experience preferred.
• Knowledge of current national health IT initiatives such as Meaningful Use, HER incentive programs, Health Information Exchange, etc. preferred
• Change management and project management skills
Telligen and its affiliates are Equal Employment, Affirmative Action Employers and E-Verify Participants.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
• Ability to listen to clients and understand their needs; maintain positive client relationships
• Independent worker with ability to seek/take direction when needed
• Information technology literate
• Understanding of medical terminology, both clinical and practice management
• Strong project management skills
• Working knowledge of key EHR systems
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Results oriented with an ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet specific deadlines
• Excellent business writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and executive levels.
Telligen - 17 months ago