HIT Support Coordinator
IT Department - all locations
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Under the direction of the CIO, the IT Support Coordinator plays a role in an IT Department that supports 10 locations and 400 users.
Note: The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES. We acknowledge that all employees should have goals and objectives that support the Mission of St. Johns and that each should be accountable for personal, team and organizational goals.
- Bachelors degree or related experienced required.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
- Candidate will be the eyes and ears of the IT department, stay very well organized and abreast of all IT commitments and projects with focus on EHR software management and support
- Work closely with staff and vendors to understand software or interface requirements, issues and development timelines.
- Manage thoughtful implementation of fixes/patches/upgrades through evaluation, testing, and roll-out of updates into the production environment.
- Manage software and interface development projects; meet with staff and developers, and report progress and delivery timeless as required.
- Assist in extractions and interface mappings between databases, as required.
- Provide leadership in identifying software and interface development opportunities that improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintain configuration and maintenance documentation for all software, databases and interfaces.
- Collaborate with IT Staff to ensure database environment is properly configured and testing and backup environments are properly functioning.
- Assist in the development and refinement of organizations reporting processes; develop efficient workflows for requesting, developing, distributing, scheduling and documenting all reports.
- Work closely with management and key staff to understand reporting requirements and schedules; evaluate requirements against existing reports in repositories; determine best approach, use of report resources, and timeline to produce or develop reports.
- Candidate will perform light systems administration, including Mobile device setups, Active Directory, office phone setup, and business software security administration.
- Candidate will manage various IT projects, such as system inventory, staff moves, and new office/site setups
- 3+ years working in a professional setting project managing and providing support service to end-users; health care industry and multi-site environment experience preferred.
- Experience in data management with use if i2i Tracks and/or other EHR Software Reporting Tools
- Experience performing in a junior IT administrator role preferred, with knowledge of Active Directory, Phone, Mobile device and A/V setups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
St. John's Well Child & Family Center - 13 months ago