Progressive community service organization funded primarily through government support is looking for a dedicated and committed professional. The project seeks to improve HIV-related health outcomes for young MSM who are disproportionately affected by HIV/AIDS and to reduce HIV-related health disparities.
• Administer HIV tests to high-risk YMCSM in the Bronx through on-site and off-site targeted testing venues where target population congregate, using a mobile testing unit.
• Conduct confirmatory tests on all YMCSM who receive preliminary positive results.
• Identify 8 newly-diagnosed to attain seropositive rate of 4.5% and at least 90% of YMCSM who receive a confirmed positive diagnosis will be successfully linked to care and attend their first documented medical appointment.
• All program activities will address and empower each client’s efforts to reduce the risk of HIV infection or transmission.
1. Minimum of 1 year experience.
2. Extensive knowledge of HIV/STI infection, transmission, prevention; knowledge of local community resources and referrals.
3. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal and organizational skills
5. Strong computer skills and knowledge including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and other software.
6. Must be able to create, maintain and update client database and contact system.
High School diploma or two years of college. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Send resume to:
Job reference must be in subject line for resume to be considered. No telephone calls accepted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- 2 years ago - save job