Requisition ID: 55471
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration: Yes
- Relocation Authorized: National - Single
- Organization: OG&C
- Project No.: 25697
- Location: Houston, TX
COST ENGINEER (HOME OFFICE)
Performs cost estimating, analysis, and control activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities when delegated. Supervises cost engineering activities when delegated. Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel. Provides direction to assigned personnel. Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers.
- B.S. degree preferred in Engineering or Construction Management.
- 5 or more years of EPC experience in Project Controls, preferably with the 1-2 years in a supervisory role on a Bechtel OG&C LNG large or major project.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in the field and home office performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, including estimating, change control, financial reporting systems, and analysis.
- Both home office and field experience is desired, along with strong knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency with Bechtel PC cost operating systems and with proficiency in several basic Bechtel standard application programs (e.g., ePCWorks, MS Office applications, BPS, CRS/CFAR, etc.).
- General level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Knowledge in utilizing Six Sigma tools to improve and monitor work processes is desired.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
Bechtel - 12 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...