DANIELSON, CT AREA
Our Organization: Visiting nurses and therapists with the latest technology and compassionate hospice care available in homes, hospitals and extended care facilities. The trusted healthcare resource chosen by more state residents than any other-is Masonicare Home Health & Hospice, sponsored by Masonicare. We're a not-for-profit healthcare provider dedicated to serving all patients with excellent, affordable, accessible care, and staffed by licensed, experienced nurses, therapists, home health aides, companions and homemakers. If you are looking for a great opportunity to build a career with a forward thinking, innovation senior care organization, with a substantial client base with which to work, Masonicare is the place for you!
Client Population: Young Adult to Geriatric
Type of Disorders: Our caring therapists evaluate voice, speech patterns, language and swallowing, and assist with the latest techniques for more effective communication, including voice, fluency disorders, head injury and stroke.
Locations: Masonicare Home Health & Hospice has 8 patient service offices, and over 1500 employees who effectively serve the entire Connecticut population.
The Speech Therapist ensures quality and safe delivery of speech therapy and home health services rendered. Coordinates provision of home health care services that reflect the agency philosophy and standards of home health and speech therapy of assigned adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients.
1. Provides coordination of the plan of care and maintains continuity of adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client care with other health professionals assigned to the case. Documents adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal patient visits accurately and timely, utilizing outcome measures and other therapy related documentation tools.
2. Attends client care conferences and initiates conferences for the complex and multidisciplinary clients whenever necessary.
3. Develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions. Addresses all problems in the plan of care while involving client and significant others in the development of the plan of care whenever possible. Recommends additional home health care services and communicates to the appropriate individual in a timely manner.
4. Documents the timely and accurate computer entry of patient/job information to facilitate the development of the OASIS data set, orders for service, creation of time sheets and other required patient/employment documents and reports.
5. Provides education, supervision and counseling to the adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client and family regarding procedures and other care needs as appropriate to client's needs. Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate.
6. Supervises, educates and conducts supervisor visits of home health aide per regulatory guidelines. Per policy assesses the adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client's need for unskilled services and revised the plan of care accordingly. Communicates the changes to the Home Health Aide and Staffing Coordinator as often as necessary.
7. Transcribes and implements physicians orders and evaluates response to ordered treatments in a timely manner.
8. Participates in the agency's QI program and the agency's on-call schedule where applicable.
9. Communicates effectively and tactfully with adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
10. Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education & medical requirements.
11. Performs other duties as required.
- Please contact Recruitment for specific service area information -
Connecticut licensed speech therapist in good-standing.
NEW GRADS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CCC REQUIRED.
Per Visit/Per Diem
Sam Buonanno, Recruitment Mgr.
Backed by independent accreditation, Masonicare is a recognized leader in senior communities and healthcare for everyone, not just Masons....