JOB TITLE: HOT 97 Field Promotion Coordinator
Emmis New York Radio, a division of Emmis Communications is currently seeking a HOT 97 Field Promotion Coordinator who can hit the ground running for WQHT, HOT 97 America’s premier Hip Hop radio brand.
PRIMARY JOB DESCRIPTION: Coordinates sales-promotions efforts, marketing and promotion partnerships and promotional inventory. Supports Marketing Director and Sales Promotion Coordinator.
Street Team Staff Manager
In collaboration with Sr. Promotion Director
- Manages and is responsible for scheduling and staffing all HOT 97 FM events
- Maintain station presence in the community.
- Communications center for staff
- Produces & distributes weekly promotion staff schedule and appearance schedule to Street Team, and the marketing, Programming and Sales staffs
- Schedules monthly staff meetings
- Updates & distributes accurate staff listing
- Keeps Promotion Staff Handbook updated
- Keeps Morale up – develops programs and manages communication to ensure maximum performance
- Assists in intern management
Assistant manager of dept Interns
*Back-Up to the On-Air Promotion Coordinator
- Assist department with recruitment, interviewing and hiring process in conjunction with Human Resources
- Assist with management of their day to day responsibilities
- Produces and distributes schedule of interns.
- Produces daily activities to both maximize use of interns, and also develop and teach.
- Schedules interns into events weekly to maximize their Field Promotion experience.
PROGRAMMING & PRODUCT
- Works with programming and Lifestyle Engagement staff to execute concert promotions when confirmed with promoter
- Holds and allots tickets for event giveaways
- Responsible for on-site representation at all HOT 97-related artist shows – works with labels/promoter to ensure successful executions (i.e. jock to host, on-site presence, etc)
- Oversees production of HOT 97 Calendar
Promo Inventory Management
- Manages Event Specialist & vehicle gas, repairs, etc
- Oversees vehicle paperwork, license plates, EZ Pass, etc
- Writes copy and schedules contests and “Here’s Whats HOT” promo calendar
- Communicates with sales any copy needs and deadlines
Additional supplies as needed
- Responsible for controlling inventory and recommending purchase of
- Oversees production of quarterly inventory list of resources (shirts, banners, etc)
- Researches & develops new promo item ideas
- Recommends needs and new items for purchases.
- Acts as the mouthpiece for staff regarding any needs that would help empower them to excellent event executions
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL BRAND MANAGEMENT
- Assists with creation, coordination and execution of station marketing initiatives
- Assists with creation, coordination and execute major station events and promotions i.e. HOT 97 Summer Jam Festival, HOT 97 On Da Reggae Tip and HOT 97 April Fool’s Day Comedy Show
Event Coordination: responsible for execution of all promotion, sales and community events. Oversee accurate and thorough representation of the HOT 97 brand at all on-site events. Set up and breakdown of promotional/materials/equipment used for on sight events. Must enjoy interacting with listeners and providing client support at events. Create a positive station image. Administrative tasks includes contacting clients, securing permits
Legal & insurance
- Manages and distributes events calendar
- Works with Sr. Promotion Dir. to solidify execution details of all station events and every sales event
- Contacts location/contacts in a timely manner to finalize details of execution
- Produces & distributes promo-suite event form for events
- Coordinates distribution of client-event photos to AE’s, and to Photo archives (docshare)
- Manages posting photos of all sales promotions and station events/promotions on web
- Manages distribution of completed Event Recap Forms and After Action Reports from event staff after every appearance
- Responsible for cleanliness of the promotions office, including storage of sales-event materials and all station supplies
- Responsible for implementing street team “training” and communicating results
- Works with Marketing Director to develop and implement increased street presence in the community (schools, malls, etc)
- Works with HOT 97 Programming, Lifestyle Engagement Group to ensure station events are being maximized for programming and sales (weekend ticket giveaways prior to on-sale, etc)
- Communicates event info to promotion assistant staff
- Manages and communicates all promotional logistics of major station events
- Info one-sheets distributed to all involved parties prior to execution to ensure clarity of responsibilities
- Participation in Sales Soultion client sales overview meeting with AE’s and key players 1 1/2 weeks out from each major event to ensure smooth client execution
- Books jocks for all relevant station events with Programming and Emmis Talent Management
- Manage legal and insurance requirements for all field events / sales events i.e. Park permits, sound permits, street activity permits, additionally insured event insurance
Mobile Messaging, Web Content and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter & Foursquare)
- Facilitates all deliveries (client product shipment, etc)
- Coordinates all aspects of sampling executions
- Product storage & distribution to event staff
- Photos taken and distributed to AE’s
- Works with Marketing Director to utilize charity events as client sampling opps
In conjunction with Sr. Promotion Director
Website Content Provider (proficiency in photoshop & dreamweaver a plus)
- Creates and implements promotion contest, alerts and campaigns for HOT 97 mobile media offerings
- Sends Station Alerts and Bounce backs for station events to Vibes and Foursquare
- Update events and community page
- Works in conjunction with the Digital Team to label and post downloadable event photos
Key Experiences / Achievements & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree. Will consider candidate currently enrolled in higher-education program.
- Experience or strong interest in radio/entertainment/music or marketing / advertising fields.
- Strong interest in music; genuine interest or passion for urban and/or R&B.
- Understanding of promotion, brand marketing, media / mediums, and how it relates to radio a must.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management.
- Excellent common sense and judgment.
- Ability to multi-task a must.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and long, varied hours.
- High level of energy and commitment.
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills.
- 2-4 year’s experience.
Technical / Functional Competencies
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Additional attributes: Outgoing, responsible, creative, hard working, and a team player. Customer service experience a big plus. Strong time management and organization skills and the ability to multi task are essential to success in this position as is an understanding of the Hip Hop lifestyle.
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other standard business interactive software.
- Time Pro
- Vibes Text Messaging
- Radio Voodoo Digital Phone System
Please email, fax or mail your resume and cover letter to: WQHT/HOT 97, 395 Hudson Street New York, NY 10014. Fax: 212-367-1655. Email: email@example.com. Attn: Donyshia Benjamin, Marketing Director or apply online at www.emmis.com
Emmis Communications- WQHT FM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Emmis Communications - 14 months ago