Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg is currently looking for a Hotel Front Desk Clerk to join the team.
SUMMARY: To consistently and courteously respond to the needs of the Hotel guests. The Front Desk Clerk will perform all necessary service transactions and tasks. They will also work with the other Hotel personnel to ensure excellent quality of service.
Your daily responsibilities include:
˜ Check guest in and out, wake up calls, conduct guest courtesy calls and respond as necessary, handle guest concerns and complaints, ensure guest comfort and satisfaction.
˜ Take appropriate steps to maintain Hotel security and safety.
˜ Open and close shift and make cash drops.
˜ Promote future sales through contact with guest, responding to guest requests and concerns in public areas or in their rooms.
˜ Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room key and escort instructions to Bellhop.
˜ Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
˜ Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
˜ Operate front desk computer system.
˜ Communicate with other members of the hotel staff.
˜ Handles PBX switchboard when asked.
˜ Refers guests to necessary departments to resolve issues concerning guests.
˜ Provide positive communication and use Red Carpet Training skills with every patron and co-worker.
˜ Perform duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
˜ Perform any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Cast Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Cast Member is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The Cast Member must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- High school education or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Something to leave you with:
If you’re truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an “A” list career portfolio. You will soon understand why “It’s Good To Be PENN!”
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job