Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
HOTEL ROOMS CONTROLLER
INTERNAL CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Able to work as a Front Desk Clerk as needed based on business demands.
- Ensure that guest needs and special requests are met.
- Invoking service recovery when appropriate
- Maximizing use of FOCUS skills
- Prepare daily agenda (upgrading, sales/junket groups, etc.)
- Answer all phones directed to the Front Office.
- Attend Housekeeping pre-shift to communicate information regarding groups, VIP guest, special requests, etc.
- Check numbers for the day and post for the staff and to give to supervisors for pre-shift meetings.
- Check status of “out of order” rooms.
- Responsible for placing all guest requests to the housekeeping department, documenting the request, & guest follow up
- Complete any back to back reservation extensions.
- Complete all express checkout and due out.
- Check in all unassigned rooms, making keys and giving key packets to Supervisor to bring to the front desk for customer pick-up.
- Review Sales group resumes and block rooms based on special requests, etc.
- Run and resolve the over credit report.
- Run and resolve the non-zero report.
- Pre-assign all hotel special requests.
- Promote and maintain constant communication between all departments.
- Receive all calls for rooms that need repair.
- Notify facilities, place “room out of order” and follow through until repair is completed and room is available for occupancy
- Cancel all non-guaranteed reservations at 6 PM (options on the main menu).
- Balance room inventory one day in advance.
- Run and complete Rooms Revenue Potential and Manual overrides.
- Call around city for room availability and rates.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule.
- Must perform duties with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Must present a professional, clean and “Crisp” appearance.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout hotel and casino, including up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift and carry upwards of five pounds.
- Able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Something to leave you with:
If you’re truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an “A” list career portfolio. You will soon understand why “It’s Good To Be PENN!”
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 16 months ago