The Finance Department Hourly Accounting Assistant will perform clerical accounting work involved with billing and collection of City bills, payment of City vendors and employees and the maintenance and review of financial and statistical records. Account Clerk I is an hourly/part-time position, anticipated to work approximately 15-20 hours per week. This job posting is open until filled.
*Hourly positions are not benefitted, and cannot exceed 1,000 total hours worked within one fiscal year.
- Check and review invoices and prepare for payment or billing.
- Collect payments over the counter, by phone, and through the mail.
- Balance cash drawer and prepare deposits.
- Perform routine data entry.
- Review and check records, forms and other documents for accuracy, completeness and conformance to rules and regulations.
- Perform a variety of clerical and technical duties.
- Respond to citizen complaints and inquiries.
- Serve as a back-up receptionist and cashier as needed.
Modern office practices and procedures.
Demonstrate excellent customer service.
Use basic spreadsheet and word-processing applications.
Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
Learn and operate standard City software applications.
Work cooperatively with others.
Experience & Education:
Interacting with the public in a tactful and effective manner.
Posting financial data and making accurate arithmetical calculations.
Receiving and counting cash, making accurate change and balancing a cash drawer.
Creating and maintaining documents and files utilizing MS Office software.
Communicating clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
City of Carlsbad, CA - 18 months ago