Part-time (hourly) position with pay rate of $9 per hour. This is a non-benefitted position. |
A p art-time(hourly) employee cannot exceed 1,000 total hours worked within one fiscal year.
This individual will be assigned to work as an assistant to the preschool teacher at the 3’s & 4’s class at Calavera Community Center. This individual will work under the supervisor of the Preschool Coordinator and the Recreation Supervisor. There may be the occasional need for this individual to fill in as the teacher if they are out. This position will require 8 hours per week and will work Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30am to 12:30pm.
As a Preschool Aid the position requires the ability to work with young children ages 2 to 5 years old. Individual must have knowledge and understanding of Child Development & Early Childhood Education, ability to incorporate appropriate developmental expectations when working in the classroom, and must have at least one year experience working in an early childhood program.
Candidates most qualified will be granted an interview. For more information: Contact Michael Bodman (760) 602-7527.
Daily responsibilities include helping to set up the classroom, assist the teacher in the preparation of lesson plans for the day, supervise participants and parent helpers in the classroom, help to keep a clean and safe environment in the classroom, gym, and outside. Individual will need to assist participants in going to the bathroom and help clean up room during and after program ends.
This individual must be able to relate positively with children, must be able to communicate effectively with youth and adults of varied ages, backgrounds, and experiences. Must be in excellent health and be able to perform duties associated with youth programs. Effective communication skills are required when interacting with the teacher and supervisors. Must be able to identify emergency situations and act efficiently during those situations.
Experience & Education:
Education – Must have high school diploma and a minimum of 12 units in child development or early childhood, associate’s degree is preferred.
Experience – Must have one year experience and/or training performing duties comparable to a Preschool Aid in a Preschool setting.
Special Requirements/License or Certificate
· Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Class C California Driver’s License
· Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and first aid certification
· Must have at least one year of experience working in a youth oriented program
· Must have had experience working with the public and children
· Must be able to effectively communicate with youth ages 2-5 year old.
· Must be available to work the above list schedule and attend meeting/training sessions; must provide own transportation.
· Must meet State of California tuberculosis test requirements
· Must be 20 years of age or older
· Person hired must wear standard apparel as prescribed by the Parks & Recreation Department
Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, squat, stoop, reach, and lift 25lbs. +; exposure to outdoors; ability to travel to different sites and locations.
City of Carlsbad, CA - 18 months ago