Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg is currently looking for a Hotel Housekeeper to join the team.
SUMMARY: Maintain a clean, safe attractive environment for Hotel patrons.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Sorts, counts, folds, mark, or carry linens and makes beds.
- Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses, linen, sundries, and other.
- Checks wraps and renders personal assistance to patrons. Moves furniture (hangs drapes) and rolls carpet.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dust furniture, washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports waste and trash to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Clean lobby area, steps, and main public areas when necessary or upon request.
- Getting necessary cleaning supplies for departments, fellow employees, and customers as requested.
- Clean employee areas (i.e., break room, back offices, and locker room).
- Respond to calls for housekeeping problems: broken glass, spills, toilet backups, etc.
- Shampoo carpets, scrub steps and strip and wax tile floors.
- Provide positive communication and use Red Carpet Training skills with every patron and co-worker.
- Perform duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Perform any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Cast Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Cast Member is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The Cast Member must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- High school education or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Something to leave you with:
If you’re truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an “A” list career portfolio. You will soon understand why “It’s Good To Be PENN!”
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 19 months ago