The Housekeeper cleans guest rooms to hotels standards of cleanliness. Loads and organizes carts, stores them in the utility closets when finished. Changes the linens, in accordance with the sheet changing policy, and makes the bed properly daily. Cleans bathroom, including the shower curtain, walls, mirrors, tub, toilet, and floor. Places standard amenity items in bathroom area and around the room. Vacuums carpet.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Clean guest rooms by category priority.
- Transport cart with cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to assigned guest room and position securely.
- Service assigned guest rooms.
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with clean par to designated layout.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor.
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones.
- Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Replace laundry bags and slips.
- Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris.
- Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow and luggage rack.
- Dust and polish all furniture.
- Realign furniture to floor plan.
- Open all drawers/doors in check-out rooms and remove items left by guest.
- Dust inside.
- Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debris and remove if present.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to the supervisor.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames and mirrors.
- Remove dust and debris on television, VCR, clock radio, remote control and cable box.
- Set correct time on clock; correct TV channel; correct movie rental insert.
- Clean all lamps and light switches; check for proper working order.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from telephones and reposition properly.
- mpty liquid from ice bucket and wipe all surfaces dry.
- Remove dust, smudges and spills from mini bar; ensure it is plugged in and securely locked.
- Remove dust on drapes weekly and realign to correct position daily.
- Inspect condition of amenities in desk, drawers and guest service directory; replace designated amounts at proper locations within the room.
- Remove trash, debris and cobwebs from balcony/patio.
- Inspect condition of planters and plants; remove debris.
- Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from entrance door(s).
- Ensure presence of fire safety, rate cards and DND sign.
- Inspect condition and replace as needed.
- Remove dust, dirt and smudges from A/C unit, vents, grids and thermostat.
- Remove dust, stains and marks from all baseboards, ledges and corners.
- Vacuum carpet in guest room.
- Spray room with deodorizer.
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet.
- Return and restock cart at end of shift.
- Empty vacuum bag and wipe vacuum clean.
- Ensure security of any assigned guest room keys.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor.
- Turn over any lost and found items from guest rooms to the Supervisor. Make up cribs and rollaway beds. Re-hang and refold guest clothing (if applicable). Stock cleaning supply caddies.
Education & Experience: Must have a good understanding of the English language. Experience in some cleaning capacity, preferably Housekeeping. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor. Ability to: perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy. prioritize and organize. be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment. follow directions thoroughly. understand guests service needs. work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team. work with minimal supervision. maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data. High school graduate. Previous experience in hospitality industry, preferably Housekeeping.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard