The Housekeeping Aide loads and organizes carts for Housekeepers. This position is responsible for assisting room attendants with supplies, linens and removal of trash. This position is also responsible for the maintenance of public areas and hallways while maintaining high standards and quality of cleaning.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas Ensure security of any assigned keys, beeper, radios.
- Review assignment sheet and update completed assignments.
- Check with Floor Supervisor and Housekeeping office for additional assignments throughout the shift and organize work duty priorities.
- Review assigned area and complete general removal of any trash or debris on floors.
- Check assigned floor closets and complete linen requisition to replenish linen supplies.
- Stock linen carts with linen and supplies.
- Transport linen carts to appropriate floor closets and stock according to diagram.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of floor closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; sweep and wax floor; remove non-floor closet items and transport to proper storage areas.
- Remove all dirty linen from assigned Room Attendant's carts and closets and place in laundry chute.
- Remove all dirty glassware from assigned Room Attendants' carts and closets.
- Transport to Stewarding.
- Return clean and capped glasses to floor closets in racks.
- Clean designated areas with proper chemicals, tools and equipment: a) guest room floor corridors b) floor closets c) service corridors d) elevators, tracks and landings e) guest laundry room f) guest vending areas g) stairwells Wipe down all surfaces of vending machines, ice machines, laundry machines/counters/shelves.
- Ensure that nothing is stored in stairwells.
- Transport any Room Service trays/items in guest hallways to service elevator landings.
- Check under furniture for debris and remove if present.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips and stains and report damages to Supervisor.
- Dust and polish all woodwork.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture, including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames, mirrors, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, air vents.
- Clean all lamps, light fixtures and light switches; check for proper working condition.
- emove dust, spots and smears from windows, frames and ledges; wash windows as assigned. Remove dust, grease and smears from house/public phones and reposition properly.
- Remove dust on drapes weekly and realign to correct position daily.
- Inspect condition of planters and plants; remove debris, polish planters.
- Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from doors and door frames.
- Remove stains, scuff marks, and dust from baseboards, ledges and corners.
- Polish all brass surfaces.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays and ash urns in public areas.
- Remove trash; debris and cobwebs from balconies/patios.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines. Provide timely delivery of any items requested by guests.
- Retrieve items from guest rooms and return to proper storage areas.
- Transport guest laundry and dry cleaning to correct guest rooms.
- Handle guest requests for shoe shines as assigned; retrieve shoes from guest room, shine shoes and return to guest room.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor.
- Turn over any lost and found items to the Supervisor.
- Ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Make up cribs and rollaway beds; transport to designated rooms.
- Turn mattress and box springs according to rotation schedule.
- Stock Housekeeping department supplies.
- Assist Lobby Attendant as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Must have good understanding of the English language. Ability to count. Ability to: perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy. prioritize and organize. be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment. follow directions thoroughly. understand guests service needs. work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team. work with minimal supervision. maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data. Previous experience in cleaning public buildings. Knowledge of proper chemical handling. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training. Experience in hospitality industry in similar position. Previous guest relations training
Crestline Hotels & Resorts - 15 months ago