HP Technical Architect
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they’d tell you what truly makes us different is our people! Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business. Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to innovate and making a difference in our customers’ business, each and every day!
Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team? Then read on…
To increase HP Server and Storage revenue and gross profit, with specific emphasis on HP Enterprise products. Provide HP Server and Storage program, pricing, product, and promotion expertise in support of our sales organization. Execute marketing campaigns, strategies, and tactics to drive business results.
Provide Pre-Sales Support to the Telesales & Outbound sales organization
Possess high degree of HP Server and Storage product knowledge
- Provide top notch, end to end Phone, e-mail and customer facing support on deals within prescribed thresholds
- Drive field sales understanding and awareness of HP Server and Storage products and sales process
- Initiate proactive planning sessions with Softchoice Account Executives in preparation for unsolicited bids with customers
- Act as a primary point of contact for connecting Softchoice and HP Server and Storage Resources
Knowledge of HP Pricing programs
- Understand how to build/configure HP Server and Storage solutions, specifically around ISS and 3par.
- Deep understanding of HP Server and Storage products at an advanced functional and mid-level technical level
- Formulate and drive increased attach rates, services selling and up-sell tactics
- Functional understanding of non-focus HP product lines like Networking and Software
Pipeline Management Activities
- Bid pricing policies and procedures
- Product promotions
- Deal registration – Big Deal, DEP, DVP, NBO
- Other partner engagement programs
Business Analysis & Reporting
- Ability to manage, track and forecast sales opportunity pipeline for HP Server and Storage on a weekly basis
- Proactively follow up on sales opportunities
- Track and summarize transactional (Quote + Order) activity
Training & Certification
- Analyze sales participation and proactively suggest opportunities for improvement
- Ensure accurate, up to date, relevant information from HP is contextualized and communicated internally at Softchoice
- Use of internal reporting tools to transform data into insight and drive educated decision making
Internal Softchoice Process & Procedures
- Maintain Up to date HP sales and technical certifications
- Possess HP technical certifications as required
- Know the HP training process & methodology of their products
- Understand the certification process for HP Server and Storage
- Conduct sales rep training on HP Server and Storage Products
- Attend HP Datacenter and Softchoice meetings, training, and events where required (some overnight travel required)
- Understand how to work with internal departments (Finance, Product Master) to facilitate sales process
- Identify areas to improve efficiency and effectiveness of internal processes with respect to sales, bid desk and supply chain teams.
- Proactively suggest and create new sales tools to increase product awareness
- Leverage existing sales communication vehicles such as Playbooks, internal portals and newsletters to ensure HP messaging is included and relevant
Key Performance Indicators (How you will be measured)
- Minimum of 2-4 years direct sales experience in the technology industry with strong focus on Server and Storage and sales cycles
- University degree or College Diploma
- Experience working with a technology reseller preferred
- Technical Certifications for HP Server and Storage strongly preferred: Please include a list of current and previously held HP certifications with your application
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
- Revenue and Gross Profit Plans
- Gross profit growth
- Pipeline growth
- Quotes and Order growth
- Big deal activity
- Customer buying account growth
- Vendor engagement and relationship
- Level of vendor field engagement with Softchoice sales organization
- Completion of assignments on time
- Execution of marketing programs, campaigns, strategies and tactics
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more...