Responsible for the day-to-day human resources administration functions including direct support of Senior Manager of Human Resources and Training. Due to the sensitive nature of information maintained, this position requires complete confidentiality and adherence to HR security policy and practice. This position is often the first line of contact for both internal and external HR customers and provides functional assistance to the Human Resources Team.
- Assists with employee on-boarding administration including problem solving and disseminating new hire information;
- Accurately answers routine questions concerning employment and job postings;
- Prepares and distributes staffing reports involving staffing metrics and current staffing team performance;
- Monitors on-boarding process and provides assistance to employees completing new hire paperwork;
- Completes administrative functions for new hire documents;
- Provides administration of employee relations including filing and note taking;
- Assists with the full cycle of the hiring process;
- Assists with scheduling interviews;
- Sets up and maintains corporate job files;
- Prepares and distributes offer letters and welcome packets;
- Assists with administration of relocation process;
- Administers pre- and post-employment screening process including background investigations and pre-employment screening.
- Maintains employee data and integrity of data within HR system;
- Generates or requests standard and customized reports from system;
- Monitors I-9s and other new hire employment documentation;
- Other reporting as assigned.
- Knowledgeable of HRIS system;
- Handles scheduling of office function;
- Keeps notes during meetings;
- Coordinates supplies; handles all ordering for department;
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all information and files;
- Provides various administrative support to department staff.
Education/Experience: Demonstrated administrative experience and 4 or more years of related experience in a corporate environment.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Must be able to assist with HR plan development and administration.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and complex percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics related to accounting.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of government regulations as they apply to employment law.
Other Skills and Abilities: Requires excellent communication- both written and verbal, time management and interpersonal skills. Individual must be extremely detail oriented and possess the ability to work efficiently and effectively with all levels of the organization. Ability to use fax machine, office copier and computer required. The qualified candidates will have experience using Windows 95. Must be self-motivated and comfortable working on several projects at once. Proficiency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
*******Please follow the link below to complete a short personality assessment. This is a requirement for all candidates wishing to move to the next step of the hiring process. All information/directions on how to complete the assessment are given on the login page of the hosting website. *******
First Acceptance sells car insurance to customers wanting to stay on the right side of the law. The personal auto insurer operates its...