General Summary: |
- Works as an integral part of the Human Resources Department providing assistance to associates in HR related matters. Works closely with Distribution Center Managers to ensure records and pay rates are correctly applied and maintained.
Essential Job Functions: Recruiting & Hiring
- Create/post all internal job openings and setup job files
- Review internal candidates and advise managers of outcome
- Handle pre-employment drug testing
- Do GIS background checks
- Create new hire packages
- Conduct reference checks on all new hires
- Create new associates files
- Monitor completion of new hire paperwork, forward to appropriate areas
- Create attendance work sheets for all new hires
- Enter new hires into Personal Time database
- Order badges
- Advise managers of new hire start dates
- Complete and mail Welfare to Work forms
- Complete and maintain I9 forms
- Maintain New Hire Termination, Transfer, and Demotion logs
- Conduct New Employee Orientation Program
Data Entry/Lawson Changes
- Enter all new hires into system
- Enter all No Starts (candidates who accept offer who are no show)
- Make address changes, terminations, shift/department changes, reviews, & pay rates, in system
- Resolve badge problems and request new badges
- Forward action notices to Corporate office
- Audit payroll
- Resolve payroll problems
- Sort and distribute checks
- Make sure all associates sign for their checks
- Calculate and input monthly reward bonuses
- Run PR354 Birthday Report
Distribution Center Activities
- Assist associate with HR issues and/or direct to appropriate individual
- Complete and distribute birthday and attendance vouchers
- Monitor, sign, initiate, file, and forward action notices to corporate office
- Distribute 30/60/80 and annual evaluations to managers and monitor due dates
- Input evaluations into system
- Forward original evaluations to Corporate and maintain copy in associate files
- Track personal time, tardies, vacation, and floating holidays for all hourly associates
- Maintain attendance record for all hourly associates
- Monitor attendance and complete and distribute counseling forms to managers
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- In the absence of the Receptionist, act as backup
- In the absence of the General Managers Administrative Assistant, act as backup
DOLLAR TREE IS A:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- PHR certification preferred
- Three years administrative office experience required
- Previous Human Resources experience preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure
Discover for yourself how far this DOLLAR can take you!
- Priceless Experience: A career with Dollar Tree also comes with a lot of variety. It's a fun career that allows you to wear a different hat every day.
- Big Company With Big Ideas: We are the nation's leading operator of single price point dollar stores with more than 4,600 locations in 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces, a $7.29 billion corporate owned chain.
- Valuable Partner: We're all on the same team at Dollar Tree. We're about people treating each other with respect, camaraderie and a sense of joint purpose.
- Career Growth Opportunity: If you have the drive and energy, a career with Dollar Tree can take you just about anywhere you want to go.
- Place We Can All Profit: Why not have your cake and eat it too? Work for a great company and in return get a great benefits package that shows our appreciation.
Dollar Tree is an equal opportunity employer.
Dollar Tree - 2 years ago
Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar Tree, Deal$,...