The Milford NYC is undergoing one of New York City’s
most amazing transformations. Upon completion this
Spring, the $140 million renovation of this iconic hotel
will offer newly designed guest rooms, a totally
renovated lobby, the hippest lounge and newest rooftop
bar in Manhattan. The hotel is designed for guests to
enjoy the AUTHENTIC New York experience throughout their
entire stay. Our 1,331 guest rooms feature a light,
bright and airy design with clean and elegant
furnishings. The room colors are inspired by the VIBRANT
colors of the NYC subway lines and accented with wall
graphics paying homage to our Times Square location.
Guests can walk through our corridors and feel as if
they are in 5-different Manhattan neighborhoods with our
life size murals. Our 25,000 square feet of retail space
will include exclusive high end shops and a variety
NYC’s best food offerings. The 5,000 square foot roof
top bar will cater to the fashionista in everyone with
indoor and outdoor space, views from tip to tip of
Manhattan at the top of the world's largest lifesytle
Be part of the transformative team and experience New
York’ most incredible journey of success. This is a once
in a lifetime opportunity to be on the team delivering
the Smart, Vibrant and Authentic NYC experience at The
Duties & Funtctions
variety of situations involving the administrative
- Aids executive in staff capacity by handling a wide
functions of the office that cannot be brought to the
attention of the executive.
Prepares reports including conclusions and
recommendations for solution of operational and
and express the director’s viewpoints at such meetings.
- May serve as the director’s representative at meetings
files on all new personnel, photographing and assigning
- Illustrative activities performed include setting up
employee number; recording changes on all employee
status as necessary (e.g., change of address,
departmental transfers, rate increases, terminations,
etc.); verifying payroll changes with computer printout;
enrolling new employees in programs; conducting short
orientation to explain benefits; processing and
recording employee information, such as personal data;
compensation, benefits, tax data; attendance;
performance reviews or evaluations; termination date and
reason; processing employment applications; and
assisting in other employment activities.
and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Compiles and maintains personnel records.
- Updates employee files to document personnel actions
provides information to authorized people.
- Examines employee files to answer inquiries and
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares
information, policy and procedure manuals, and other
- Maintains and distributes current employee
- May compute wages and record data for use in payroll
- May prepare and file reports of accidents and injuries
- May administer and score aptitude, personality, and
- Informs applicants of organization's employment
- Refers qualified applicants for further interviews.
- Assists with job fairs, employee referrals, and
applicants and employees from personnel records.
- Requests references from past or present employers.
- Types letters to references indicated.
- Files applications forms.
- Compiles and completes reports for supervisors on
applicant in regard to identification and
- May review credentials to establish eligibility of
of acceptance or rejection for employment.
- May telephone or write applicant to inform applicant
- May compile personnel records.
- Participate in Highgate Hotel Enrichment Committee.
- Write articles and take pictures for property
events (meetings, picnics, parties).
- Assist with special projects such as planning employee
Job Requirements:Education & Experience:
or a related industry required.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel
- College course work in related field helpful
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force
otherwise move objects.
and written, with all level of employees and guests in
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
functions to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in
Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling,
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with
which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations
problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify
anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
- Must be effective in handling problems, including
problems as necessary.
information, data, etc. from various sources to meet
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex
- Perform other duties as requested by management.