The Milford NYC is undergoing one of New York City’s most amazing transformations. Upon completion this Spring, the $140 million renovation of this iconic hotel will offer newly designed guest rooms, a totally renovated lobby, the hippest lounge and newest rooftop bar in Manhattan. The hotel is designed for guests to enjoy the AUTHENTIC New York experience throughout their entire stay. Our 1,331 guest rooms feature a light, bright and airy design with clean and elegant furnishings. The room colors are inspired by the VIBRANT colors of the NYC subway lines and accented with wall graphics paying homage to our Times Square location. Guests can walk through our corridors and feel as if they are in 5-different Manhattan neighborhoods with our life size murals. Our 25,000 square feet of retail space will include exclusive high end shops and a variety NYC’s best food offerings. The 5,000 square foot roof top bar will cater to the fashionista in everyone with indoor and outdoor space, views from tip to tip of Manhattan at the top of the world's largest lifesytle hotel.
Be part of the transformative team and experience New York’ most incredible journey of success. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be on the team delivering the Smart, Vibrant and Authentic NYC experience at The Milford
Duties & Funtctions
· Aids executive in staff capacity by handling a wide variety of situations involving the administrative functions of the office that cannot be brought to the attention of the executive.
Prepares reports including conclusions and recommendations for solution of operational and administrative problems.
· May serve as the director’s representative at meetings and express the director’s viewpoints at such meetings.
· Illustrative activities performed include setting up files on all new personnel, photographing and assigning employee number; recording changes on all employee status as necessary (e.g., change of address, departmental transfers, rate increases, terminations, etc.); verifying payroll changes with computer printout; enrolling new employees in programs; conducting short orientation to explain benefits; processing and recording employee information, such as personal data; compensation, benefits, tax data; attendance; performance reviews or evaluations; termination date and reason; processing employment applications; and assisting in other employment activities.
· Compiles and maintains personnel records.
· Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
· Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized people.
· Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports.
· Maintains and distributes current employee information, policy and procedure manuals, and other communication.
· May compute wages and record data for use in payroll processing.
· May prepare and file reports of accidents and injuries at establishment.
· May administer and score aptitude, personality, and interest tests.
· Informs applicants of organization's employment policies.
· Refers qualified applicants for further interviews.
· Assists with job fairs, employee referrals, and advertising.
· Requests references from past or present employers.
· Types letters to references indicated.
· Files applications forms.
· Compiles and completes reports for supervisors on applicants and employees from personnel records.
· May review credentials to establish eligibility of applicant in regard to identification and naturalization.
· May telephone or write applicant to inform applicant of acceptance or rejection for employment.
· May compile personnel records.
· Participate in Highgate Hotel Enrichment Committee.
· Write articles and take pictures for property newsletter.
· Assist with special projects such as planning employee events (meetings, picnics, parties).
Education & Experience:
· At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related industry required.
· College course work in related field helpful
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Long hours sometimes required.
· Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
· Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
Highgate Hotels - 17 months ago