Position Overview: Support the daily operations of the Resource Administration Division with a focus on the Human Resource Department’s administrative support, HRIS input, benefits administration, and as well as provide support to the Facilities and Security areas.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation of new hires paperwork, orientation, ensuring I-9 compliance.
- Input information into the HRIS system and generate necessary reports
- Work on special projects under the direction of the VP of Resource Administration and the Dir., HR.
- Process all filing of active and term files, maintaining confidentiality and create new employee/benefit files
- Correspondence (i.e., no thank you letters, offer letters)
- Organize trainings, including booking rooms, producing rosters and duplicating materials if necessary
- Maintain employee files and data base
- Maintain job descriptions, review for accuracy
- Assist with benefits administration: conducting benefits orientations, benefits enrollment
- Assist with budgets and bills for HR, Security and Facilities
- Assist Dir., HR in maintaining office responsibilities and answering walk in questions
- Order supplies for HR Department and process invoices for payments
- Keep all Federal/State Postings Up to Date
- Assist Dir., Facilities in any office duties
- Open and distribute department mail
Other duties and projects as assigned.
Must be well organized and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills also required.
2 years experience minimum in a Human Resources Department. Must come with a customer service background. Computer literate: proficient in MS Word and Excel, Google docs. Experience with a HRIS system preferred.
Skilled based or a BA/BS degree (related field of study – HR Management, Psychology) preferred.
Liberty Science Center - 2 years ago