This role provides a unique opportunity for an individual with strong organizational skills, results orientation, and the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities. The successful candidate will interact with employees throughout the organization. This role reports to the HR Team Leader, Performance Styrenics.
• Provides administrative support to HR and Occupational Health team members (e.g. expense reports, travel management)
• Provides Labor Management administrative support including, but not limited to, administration and tracking of the grievance process, managing the union job posting process, and maintaining the union seniority list.
• Manages the processing of HR invoices and purchase orders
• Performs general administrative tasks (e.g. filing, mail distribution, package shipments) and backs up other team members as appropriate
• Administers or supports the administration of Human Resources programs (e.g. tuition reimbursement, education assistance for dependents)
• Coordinates and assists with budget preparation and monitors expenditure against plan for both HR and Occupational Health.
• Responds to internal and external benefit questions in the areas of, but not limited to medical and dental plans, life insurances, short and long term disability, policies and programs
• Maintains and operates internal and external online administrative systems (e.g. SAP and Business Objects) and serves as a resource to others for problem-solving/training/coaching in the operation of those systems
• Resolves day-to-day issues with employees and leaders.
• May develop and deliver standard presentations to internal audiences on HR programs (e.g. new hire orientation, open enrollment)
• Assists with the preparation of confidential HR materials
• Conducts new employee orientation
• Performs other HR generalist duties as required
University graduate OR 4-5 years combination of post-secondary education and related experience, e.g. 5 years’ experience, or diploma and 2-3 years’ experience
• Broad working knowledge of administrative practices and procedures for Human Resources benefits, policies, programs and processes preferred
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; must be capable of developing strong working relationships with leaders and employees
• Ability to function independently in a team environment with minimal guidance and supervision
• Understanding of when and how to involve others in responding to non-routine requests
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
• Strong planning and organizational skills with an attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information
• Proficient with Microsoft desktop applications, including demonstrated ability in Excel and PowerPoint
• SAP and Business Objects reporting experience preferred
NOVA Chemicals - 19 months ago