Key Responsibilities and Tasks ( statements of what the job does and for what purpose )
- Assist the HR VP with department activities and schedules.
- Provide administrative support to the HR department: answer and direct phone calls, greet and direct visitors, assist in the development of presentation materials, assist in the implementation of HR initiatives, policies, procedures and programs.
- Establishes and maintains confidential employee information and documents.
- Performs office services such as filing of documents, scanning and duplication.
- Performs other duties as may be required from time to time including special projects.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences both on- and off-site.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience (not age or time specific)
- A minimum of 3 years of administrative experience supporting the HR function of an organization.
- Certificate, diploma or degree accreditation in Human Resources; any HR or administrative designation is an asset.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of HR policies and procedures, benefits and employee relations.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and managers.
- Ability to identify priorities, organize and manage time effectively.
- Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as: MS Office suite of tools, working knowledge of Oracle HRIS would be an asset.
- Attention to detail and focus on producing a quality product in a timely manner.
- Must have a customer service attitude and be results oriented; innovative and proactive approach to initiatives and projects while having the opportunity to learn and develop core competencies.
- Desire for continuous career improvement and will be provided career development opportunities.
Parker Drilling Company - 16 months ago