Enjoy Cheyenne's small town atmosphere only 100 miles from Denver, with no state income tax, and an average of 300 days of sunshine each year with nearby access to skiing, hiking, fishing, hunting, and other outdoor activities.
The Director's office of the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) is seeking a friendly, outgoing people-person to fulfill general and technical administrative office and receptionist duties. If you posess competency in multi-tasking, are flexibile and self motivated, like constantly changing demands, and can file like a professional archivist, please apply now for this at-will employee contract (AWEC) position.
- Assists with all aspects of administrative management within Human Resources.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, interviews, events and other similar activities.
- Prepares business correspondence.
- Manages, maintains, and creates files; records retention and archives.
- Assists with payroll.
- Manages Human Resources Information system.
- Receptionist duties – answer phones, greets visitors.
- Assists with Performance Management Initiative (PMI).
- Sends out, receives and distributes mail and packages and faxes.
- Performs research, as requested.
- Special projects, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Possesses a high level of customer services skills.
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to create a work environment where great teamwork can flourish and has the capacity to encourage the best performance standards in others within the WDH.
- Capable of taking on new and unfamiliar tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proper use of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Excellent computer skills with a reasonable keyboard speed.
Preference will be given to applicants with work experience in office records and communication, a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Google email and Share Point; knowledge of creating and changing websites is a plus.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code ATAW99) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
This is an at-will contract position; insurance and retirement benefits may be an option.
State of Wyoming - 15 months ago