- Set up candidate appointments for phone and/or face-to-face interviews.
- Coordinate background checks with carrier and follow-through to completion for each candidate.
- Coordinate appointments for pre-hire drug screens and physicals.
- Prepare job offer letters and new-hire orientation packets.
- Assist with new hire orientation.
- Ensure all of our pre and post hire forms are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Affirmative action compliance as it pertains to job placement, pre-hire data collection and applicant flow.
- Arrange job fair participation and recruiting materials for each event.
- Purchase recruiting materials to include giveaways and other supplies.
- Arrange relocation activities.
- Updates to requisition logs as needed.
- Coordinate activities of temporary staffing companies with approved requisitions.
- Coordinate approval process of requisition forms.
- Prepare interview materials.
- Set appointments for staffing companies, technical school visits, etc.
- Contract negotiations with vendors.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for HR staff and candidates.
- Work with Human Resources staff in multitasking in various projects.
- Prepare pre and post hire paperwork for HRIS Administrator so employee records can be created.
- Organize incoming mail/email and sort accordingly (resumes/vendor invoices/relocation paperwork, etc.)
- Internal policy, distribution to all facilities.
- Responsible for purchasing flowers/fruit basket on request for employees in case of a death in the family.
- Upon request, responsible for completing check request and preparing cover letter to hospice or applicable charity organization in the case of a death in the family.
- Maintain employee files and department calendars.
- Work with Human Resources Manager and be a liaison for legal counsel in gathering personnel records.
- Transcribe voicemails for documentation purposes at request from HR Manager.
- Type up investigation notes and provide to HR Manager for final updates.
- Prepare separation packets. Once separation agreement is signed and returned to HR, witness HR Manager’s signature and prepare check cover letter to be sent with fully executed separation agreement and separation monies.
- Review invoices for purchases and submit to the HR Manager for approval and payment processing.
- Prepare expense reports for the HR team.
- Reconcile department credit card statement and provide to HR Manager for payment approval before forwarding to Accounting.
- Register HR staff for workshops, seminars, webinars and audio conferences, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and use good judgment regarding employee-sensitive information.
- HR Conference Room reservations.
- Order Human Resources department supplies.
- Cover receptionist duties as needed.
- Coordinate HR Department luncheons and birthday party celebrations.
- Distribute department or company mailings.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.)
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
- All other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or a minimum of three to five years administrative related experience and Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills working in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to multitask and work in a fast faced environment.
- Must have analytical ability with a close attention to detail.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Tampa Armatures Works, Inc. - 14 months ago
"We provide our customers with Quality, Dedication, and Service. Our staff of dedicated professionals will team up with you to provide...