HR Administrative Assistant
The HR Administrative Assistant is responsible for supportIng several key functions and processes in the Human Resources department including payroll, salary administration, relocation, timekeeping, position management, and benefits administration. The associate will also provide overall administrative support to the department including the organizational development and recruitment teams.
Accurate data entry and administrative skills are a must in this position. The HR Administrative Assistant will acquire a basic knowledge of H.R. principles, government regulations, and College Board systems. Working in partnership with the team, this individual will contribute to the success of the Board’s external mission while embodying our internal values.
- Data entry in support of hiring and separation processes, position management, salary administration, and exit interviews
- Filing, faxing, photocopying, daily mail; organizing and maintaining file room (requires lifting boxes)
- Assist with new hire processes including setting up paper files, entering hires into multiple databases, verification of employment eligibility, and preparing orientation packets for New York and regional offices
- Assist with COBRA administration including new hire COBRA mailings, preparing COBRA materials for departing staff, and processing and logging COBRA elections and payments
- Handle employment verifications
- Support administration of the tuition reimbursement program by preparing backup materials and check requests and updating databases
- Assist the organizational development team by supporting: the tracking, communication and escalation process for new hire compliance program, the data recording and metrics reporting for training participation, and training material production for various professional development events
- Handle unemployment claims;
- Maintain up to date job description database;
- Send scheduled reminder emails to staff and managers
- Maintain profiles in the time and attendance system
- Performa variety of other support tasks for HR department managers which may include distributing mail, filing, mailings and shipping, ordering supplies, scheduling appointments, processing expense reports, submitting and updating purchase orders in the procurement system, preparing documents, and coordinating meetings, events, and calendars
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Minimum one to three years Human Resources related experience, or internships, preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Organized and able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Computer literacy including aptitude for databases and strong Excel skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Familiarity with HR principles and laws preferred
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by visiting our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers . Please search for the job title and submit your resume with a brief, introductory cover letter.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT ® , PSAT/NMSQT ® , and Advanced Placement Program ® .
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
The College Board - 18 months ago