Print Job Info
Position Start Date
Position Title: HR Administrative Assistant
Salary/Pay Scale: Low-to-Mid $30k's
The Administration Department is immediately hiring for a Human Resources Administrative Assistant, with an immediate start date. The HR Administrative Assistant serves as primary administrative support to the Human Resources Manager and serves as the personal assistant to the Director of Finance and Administration . Other responsibilities include answering phones, filing, faxing, photocopying, maintaining the HR fi les , and complete special projects as assigned. This is an excellent opportunity to start a career in HR.
As the Administrative Assistant for Human Resources the incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to:
1. Ensuring Ivymount and MSDE regulations are followed when hiring new employees. This includes scheduling newly hired employees to meet with you for the completion of mandatory pre-boarding forms—I-9, E-Verify compliance, federal and state tax forms, background check scheduling with an outside fingerprinting vendor, internal forms, and benefit forms.
2. Create and manage security badges for the entire Ivymount population.
3. Responsible for the creation and maintaining of personnel files for over 200 staff members in conjunction with the HR Manager.
4. Process and maintain back-ground check results and records.
5. Create and post job announcements and maintain the Ivymount job board, as well as a minimum of 5 external job boards. Must speak with external job board vendors in a professional manner.
6. Process payment for external job postings
7. Responsible for processing, inputting, and maintaining new employee information into on-line benefits systems (CareFirst, Lincoln 403(b), Unum, AFLAC, Payflex, and Genworth), payroll database (Paychex), and the school attendance system.
8. Responsible for updating benefit information distributed to employees.
9. Responsible for the Benefits/Health Fair at Open Enrollment. This requires coordination of vendors and our brokerage firm.
10. Maintain and update training and orientation briefings for employees on the available benefits programs, their general coverage and benefits, and the costs of the specific plans and programs.
11. Coordinate with the HR Manager on New Hire Orientation .
12. Coordinate on-board training and benefit welcome packets.
13. Maintain attendance records for the entire staff, process leave and sick request forms, advise employees on leave benefits, and monitor staff’s daily attendance.
14. Responsible for maintaining and updating Ivymount’s staff intranet website.
15. Maintain and update all school forms.
16. Responsible for inputting and updating staff payroll and deductions (including benefits, docked pay, and other deductions) into Paychex payroll system.
17. Individual must be able to confidently and accurately communicate in both verbal and written form.
18. Impeccable attention to detail.
19. Ability to meet deadlines.
20. Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
As the personal assistant to the CFO, the incumbent will be responsible for , but not limited to:
1. K nowledge in all areas of policies pertaining to the school
2. Coordinate and/or r esolv e building issues (e.g., malfunctioning phones)
3. A ssist in overall daily operations of the school (i.e., fire drills, emergencies, school voicemail, etc.) .
4. Must be able to find answers to employee questions quickly, and efficiently.
5. Must be able to locate files on an internal server.
6. Must be competent in copier operations.
7. Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
Interested candidates should apply online . Please select the appropriate Job Title and Program for this announcement.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook (including calendars)
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of experience
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Compensation: Low-to-Mid $30k's
- Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
Ivymount School offers an excellent benefits package. Ivymount School is committed to a policy of providing employment opportunities to all qualified people regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or veteran status. Ivymount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
posted: May 2013
« show job choices
The Ivymount School, Inc. - 19 months ago