Provide administrative and clerical support within the Branch Office. Individual’s performance will be evaluated based on, but not limited to, achieving positional goals and objectives, assisting in meeting branch goals and objectives and on providing quality customer service to both external and internal customers.
A Whelan H.R. Administrative Assistant must represent Whelan's 10 Core Values of Truth-Telling, Promise-Keeping, Respect, Loyalty, Empowerment, Discipline, Leadership, Flexibility, Quality Assurance, and Results while performing the following duties:
- Answer all incoming calls and greet all incoming applicants/guests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Ability to perform well under stressful deadlines and processes that are multiple and competing in nature.
- Have extensive knowledge and experience with Computers, Microsoft Office and willing to demonstrate such.
- Be able to follow directions & meet deadlines without continuous management or follow-up.
- Have a professional appearance.
- Have the ability to multi-task and assume other non-related duties as needed.
- Have a track record of communicating effectively in past positions.
- Be extremely helpful & friendly to all Employees & Customers.
- Have experience in HR (Confidential) Matters.
- Accurately input verified and completed new hire information into WinTeam within 24 hours of receiving the file.
- Process and track all state security licensing.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports both manually and through automated methods. Reports include, but are not limited to:
- -Zero Hours Report
- -License Report
- -Vacation Termination Report
- Initiate and track leave requests as requested or required: FMLA, 30-Day Leave of Absence, Military Leave, etc.
- Notify (always) and assist (when directed) Branch Management with harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination or any other investigations.
- Complete written and verbal employment verifications.
- Process or facilitate and monitor the processing of all unemployment claims through communication with 3 rd party vendor.
- File and maintain accurate records and information, including personnel information; copy, collate and distribute reports, correspondence, proposals, etc.
- Type letters, memos, e-mail messages and reports using a computer or typewriter; check e-mail and Bulletin Board frequently, on a daily basis.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and data.
- Review all invoicing to ensure accuracy and coordinate regular mailings of invoices to A/P.
- Work with all levels in the organization to identify, analyze and solve problems and create opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintain regular attendance to ensure avoidance of unpredictable, frequent and/or ongoing late arrivals and chronic
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Basic Qualifications :
Basic Skills :
- Two years or more of administrative experience. Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field helpful.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with the capability to use and/or learn to use a computer and peripheral equipment required.
- Math skills to include fractions and percentages.
- Ability to conform to complex procedures.
- Ability to work in a team oriented management environment and to help identify and solve problems.
- Ability to get along with other employees, follow directions, works under stress and continuously improves.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors and the general public.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers and to ensure compliance with fair employment practices and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings, weekends and holidays as requested or required.
Basic Attributes :
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Far Vision - The ability to see details at a distance.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Experience, Work History, and Education :
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate a stable work history with at least one verifiable positive work reference.
- Have evidence of obtaining a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must successfully pass an extensive background screening which will include criminal record checks (local, state and federal), drug test, skills assessment test, interviews, and personality profile.
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
- Be able to secure a Texas Private Security License.
Whelan Security - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Whelan Security is a privately-held, family-owned company providing contract security services...