HR Administrative Assistant - Association Services, Dayton, OH
YMCA of Greater Dayton
Posting Expiration Date: June 18, 2013
$8.50 - $9.50/Hour
Our Mission: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Our Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
Assists the HR Department in providing excellent support to branches and staff in the areas of personnel filing, reporting, training, and tracking.
· Maintains personnel files hard copy and electronic
· Implementation of an effective review process to reduce duplicate copies
· Works with branches to obtain missing file documents
· Audits filing system and reviews for compliance
· Understands and maintains accurate separation of personnel file documents including but not limited to medical, I-9s, legal, etc.
· Maintains internship database for the YMCA of Greater Dayton
· Oversees Paycor and Intranet branch communication by working in cooperation with the Benefits Specialist, HR Coordinator, and with approval from the HR Director.
· Assists in the maintenance and development of HR trainings including New Hire Orientation, Benefit Orientation, Redwoods trainings, etc.
· Input training completion information for YMCA volunteers and staff into Paycor, OnBase, and YUSA systems
· Tracks employee training and assists in monitoring certification and recertification requirements.
· Perform the duties of the Y Exchange Access Administrator to remain updated on all changes, courses, enrollments, and trainers.
· Assists Hr Department with information dissemination and collecting of paperwork.
· Assist with the tracking of Association wide paperwork such as handbook acknowledgments, performance reviews, etc.
· Assists HR Coordinator with Exit Interviews.
· Complete OSHA Logs
· Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
· Communicates office policy, procedures, and changes to all staff.
· Fosters an inclusive work environment.
· Provides excellent support to all staff, including responding to inquiries/concerns in timely manner, being courteous and giving sincere attention to staff members, knowing individual’s names and using their names when speaking to staff members.
· Maintains confidentiality of employee information and exercises discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
· Actively trains and engages volunteers.
· Actively participates on the “Strong Kids” annual campaign as assigned.
· Upholds guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook of the Association.
· Maintains appropriate records.
· Attends designated meetings and trainings.
· Carries out other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Director or Management Staff.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Values – Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
Community – Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Volunteerism – Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
Philanthropy – Supports fundraising.
Inclusion – Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Relationships – Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Influence – Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations.
Communication – Listens for understanding and meaning, speaks and writes effectively.
Developing Others – Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness :
Decision Making – Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Innovation – Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Project Management – Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings.
Finance – Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
Quality Results – Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth :
Self Development – Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
Change Capacity – Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
Emotional Maturity – Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.
Functional Expertise - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Education and Certifications
· High School diploma required – 2 year Associates degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or related program is preferred.
· Online New Employee Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, and Blood borne Pathogens within 30 days of employment. Child Abuse Prevention and Blood borne Pathogens to be refreshed every 12 months.
· CPR/AED, First Aid and Oxygen within 60 days of hire and kept current.
· One year administrative support experience required. Six months of Human resources support experience preferred.
· Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office and email applications, HRIS system experience preferred, along with ability to learn internal YMCA software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, to climb or balance, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasional bending or squatting. The incumbent is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the telephone. More than 90% of time is spent indoors. The condition of the air is normal/average air conditioned/ventilated. The noise level is normal to loud within an active YMCA program environment.
YMCA of Greater Dayton - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...