Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of HR Analyst in Houston, TX through July 26, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The HR Analyst position reports to the HR/Organizational Capability (OC) Manager for Procurement/Supply Chain Management and provides support to the HR Team. The Procurement HR team supports various Personnel Development Committees (PDC's) for the global Procurement/Supply Chain Management function, as well as Corporate Procurement.
This position requires the ability to discreetly and routinely handle confidential information. Behaviors and attributes that will lead to success include initiative, attention to detail, prioritization, multi-tasking, strong customer-focus and interpersonal skills, high-quality, error free work products and working knowledge of HR reporting resources.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
HR/People Data Management, Reporting & Analysis:
• Act as subject matter expert on data and HRIS related matters.
• Prepare people/organization/Talent Management metrics and analysis for the Procurement/SCM function and/or Corporate Procurement. Generate regular and ad hoc reports from various Chevron HR systems (Enterprise People Hub (EPH), SAP/BI, Global Talent Management Information System (GTMIS) , etc.), gather and consolidate data and information for PDCs and management presentations and/or reports (BPR, quarterly metrics, etc.).
• Data/reports include but are not limited to function-wide & Corp. Procurement: headcount, demographics, hiring, diversity, attrition, selections/staffing changes, Performance Management Plans, 3x3, Career Development Plans, New To Chevron Onboarding/Structured Leadership Development workshop completion, Leadership Development Programs (ELP, CLF, CHAMP) , expat/payroll transfer/immigration/visa, Chevron Employee Emergency Line (CEEL), and others.
• Support for HR Data Quality initiative and other data clean-up. Regularly monitor data for accuracy and request & coordinate updates to maintain data integrity to accurately reflect the constantly changing organization.
• For Corp. Procurement, ensure people data quality and accuracy including design and implementation of processes or standards on data entry, update, maintenance and audit.
Support for Corporate Procurement:
• Work with HR team to manage and coordinate implementation and execution of HR processes and initiatives including planning, organizing, tracking and managing information, assigned project, meetings and other activities.
• Support Pay Determination activities by serving as Pay Determination Tool (PDT) Administrator and subject matter expert - including in Performance Assessment for Salary Administration (PASA) sessions and management reports; data gathering, validation & extracts/distribution/upload of information to/from non-SAP/EPH payroll systems.
• Support the PMP process by serving as ePMP Administrator.
• Coordinate Affirmative Action Plan by providing reports and analysis to HR Business Partner and department heads for appropriate action planning.
• Support coordination & delivery of HR education sessions.
• Handles routine HR questions and processes (e.g. I-9 form completion); directs employees to web information, HR Service Center or HR Shared Services as appropriate; or refer issue to HR Business Partner or HR Manager.
• Provide support for maintenance of HR shared drive and file management.
• Support Procurement’s Business Continuity Plan including serving on the HR Emergency Management Network.
• Provide logistical support for Corp. Procurement Direct Report meetings, DT&S PDC, and HR team meetings.
• May require occasional travel.
• Must be able to flex work hours to accommodate support for HR team and/or time zone coverage.
• 9/80 schedule available.
• Three years work experience in HR field.
• Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze data; ability to use data to support conclusions and recommendations for action.
• Demonstrated practice of absolute confidentiality.
• Demonstrated experience at gathering data using SAP HR Inquiry (R/3) and BI (inquiry and reporting); working knowledge of Chevron HR systems (EPH, SAP/BI, GTMIS, LMS).
• Strong proficiency at using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
• Ability to consolidate data and information to all levels of management.
Organization and Planning Skills
• Demonstrated ability to work for several team members with minimal supervision and guidance.
• Ability to plan and organize own work; independently set own work priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously while being flexible to changing priorities, assignments and deadline; sometimes working with tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated attention to detail; is accurate and ensures high quality, error free output.
• Takes initiative to prevent/resolve problems: Assesses opportunities. Seeks preventative actions & determines causes. Targets improvement ideas & implements effective improvements.
Teamwork & Communication Skills
• Foster collaboration and teamwork. Builds and maintains trust through reliable delivery of products and services.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build positive working relationships and effectively works with various team members, levels of customers; managers and peers with different working styles.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Listens and asks questions for understanding.
• Communicates in a clear, concise and tactful manner. Ensures information is accurate and complete.
• Seeks to understand and inform customers. Efficiently and effectively takes actions to meet customer needs.
• Must be professional in response to customers.
• Uses feedback to monitor/address customer concerns.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Three to five (3-5) years of HR support experience.
• Experience supporting more than one manager or HR Business Partner.
• Demonstrated use of compensation/salary administration tool (may include Chevron's Pay Determination Tool).
• Demonstrated use of performance management adminstration tool (may include Chevron's ePMP Administration).
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-IH1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron - 4 months ago
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We...