Summary: The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing all administrative support for the Human Resources Department. The HR Assistant works closely with the HR Team Members to provide information and services to Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy’s employees and external customers regarding various HR functions.
Associate's degree (A.A. / A.S.) required , Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and/or HR Certification preferred; One to two years of Human Resource experience. At least one year of experience with state and federal employment laws, multi-state preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides administrative services for the HR Department including but not limited to: phone calls, mail, email, front desk, scheduling and meeting requests, filing system upkeep, correspondence preparation, reconciling benefit statements, and faxing.
- Assists HR Team with various research and/or special projects.
- Assists with the new hire process including entering information online for new employee background checks, preparation of new employee files, and verification of I-9 documentation (ongoing).
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as needed
- Schedules exit interviews as necessary.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Processes personnel action forms and assures proper approvals. Disseminates approved forms and keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
- Maintains HR information system records and compiles reports from HR information system as needed.
- Maintains HR reports, quarterly metrics, and department expenses.
- Assists with the processing of termination paperwork.
- Assists with various employee perks by contacting companies for discounts as directed by HR Team.
- Submits maintenance requests for the HR Team
- Assists with special events for staff by coordinating committees and schedules and staying within budget.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by HR team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with other Human Resource Information Systems, i.e., UltiPro, Paychex, ADP, Taleo.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Written communication skills
- Positive work attitude
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
- Team work
- Independent and self motivated
- Ability to accomplish goals with little to no supervision
- Additional skills in filing, proofreading, formatting, report writing, and basic bookkeeping.
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal skills – maintains confidentiality, remains open to others ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Planning/organizing –prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security – actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy - 10 months ago