Provides executive support to the VP of Human Resources and the Human Resources Department and assists in the daily administration of HR services including but not limited to payroll, the management of HR systems and employee status changes. The position holds access to confidential information and requires a high level of discretion.
SPECIFIC DUTIES :
1. Proactively supports Human Resources activities
2. Manages the Payroll related/HRIS systems and functions
- Provides the VP, Human Resources and department with administrative support, along with HR Benefits Coordinator provides support for the HR department. (Including but not limited to managing schedule, phones, filing, processing mail and all other functions.)
- Supports HR activities to meet department needs, priorities, and deadlines.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
3. Supports all HR activities
- Performs the day-to-day activities relating to the maintenance of time and attendance/payroll, HRIS systems, including but not limited to providing system functional guidance; department notifications of employee status changes; troubleshooting; system training; managing implementation and upgrades.
- Coordinates all activities with regard to the eAppraisal evaluation system and learning management/training system. Including but not limited to ensuring all probationary and annual evaluations are completed; training employees and supervisors on how to access the eAppraisal system; providing coaching as needed and managing the implementation of appraisal and leaning system software and upgrades.
- Prepares and generates ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data.
- Enters new hires, status changes and terminations into HRIS system, maintains personnel folders and supervises data entry of such.
- Verifies information on intranet employee directory for correctness.
- Produces and designs standard reports as necessary.
- Reviews timecard reports and finance payroll reports at pay period end.
- Ensures to notify Finance of employee job status changes or events related to payroll.
- Trains employees and supervisors on how to access the time & attendance system and HRIS system, and provides coaching as needed.
- Maintains and is responsible for entering and removing employees from our automated benefit enrollment programs. Reviews all benefit paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience required. Experience in HR a plus. Excellent communication skills (verbally & written) plus a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. High customer service standards. Flexible and able to multi-task workload to meet deadlines. Exercise sound and independent judgment. Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Ability to organize and prioritize work. Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups; ability to work independently with limited supervision. Demonstrated proficiency in handling matters of highly confidential nature. Proficiency in MS Office Suite a must and knowledge of a Payroll and HRIS system a plus. Strong math skills are required.
- Takes part in the coordination of new hire orientations and prepares new hire welcome letter and orientation packets.
- Coordinates HR related meetings, maintains minutes and records outstanding issues.
- Responds to all inquires via HR email request box.
- Provides backup to HR Benefits Coordinator.
- Maintains all HR personnel files and observes all confidentiality requirements. Verifies I-9 documentation, performs audits and maintains books current.
- Assist in the planning of HR sponsored events.
- Handles all Hudson sports teams and tickets sales.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Hudson Health Plan - 13 months ago