The HR Business Partner acts as a partner to Executive Team members, their management teams, and other staff by providing HR guidance and support. The successful candidate also understands the business strategy in order to develop clear actionable steps to support achievement of business goals and objectives. Furthermore, the HR Business Partner is responsible for the implementation of various HR programs, policies and practices across client groups.
This position also has the following key accountabilities:
Consult with management on talent management, performance and development, staffing and compensation issues.
Conduct the performance and talent management process with assigned client groups to ensure consistency as well as quality outcomes, including identified talent and tracked development plans.
Execute the staffing process, including review of HRJs, development of hiring strategies, analysis of headcount and facilitation of the selection process.
Facilitate targeted organizational redesign, including managing any associated staffing issues and/or reductions in staff.
Coach managers and employees regarding performance issues and in accordance with the corrective action process. Also act as a coach for managers on leadership and management skills.
Conduct investigations in response to allegations, disputes, etc.
Serve as the primary point of contact for the leadership regarding escalation of issues, policy interpretation, management, coaching, etc.
Act as a liaison between business management and the HR Centers of Expertise to ensure that corporate programs meet business needs.
- 5-7 years varied Human Resources experience with 2+ years experience in a business partner function
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master's preferred. SPHR preferred.
- Solid understanding of business strategy
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent consultative and coaching ability
- Strong ability to promote change and manage resistance
- Expert ability to influence without authority
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws & regulations
- Extensive understanding of Company policies and procedures as well as HR processes
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Broad knowledge of HR functional areas
- Strong ability to have difficult conversations while maintaining working relationships