Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an “A” (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG. www.greatamericaninsurancegroup.com .
- Maintains and configures business rules for HRIS, time and attendance systems and other HR applications.
- Analyzes, identifies and documents detailed descriptions of user requirement and application features.
- Implements enhancements to improve workflow and HR processes.
- Configures systems to support benefits annual enrollment activities, life event functionality, leave management, benefit deduction setup and other HR processes.
- Researches and coordinates resolution of data errors, vendor file errors, etc.
- Assists with plan compliance administration, including but not limited to conducting data integrity audits.
- Acts as a liaison between business and IT.
- Formulates the business test plans in coordination with IT
- Communicates business test plans and schedule to the business.
- Executes functionality testing.
- May create user training materials, schedule training events and/or conduct training.
- Support HR as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Information Systems or a related discipline.
- Experience in HRIS and Time and Attendance Systems preferred; experience in UltiPro and/or Kronos is a plus.
- 4-6 years related HR and/or employee benefit administration experience preferred.Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or certified benefits professional designation is a plus.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit & compensation programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, PPACA, HIPAA, Worker’s Compensation and Medicare.
- Proven strong analytical skills including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions.
- Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills (to include basic statistics).
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...