The AIG Property Casualty Human Resources team is seeking an HR Business Partner to cover Lexington Insurance. This position will engage with the business management teams and be directly responsible for leading and delivering the human capital strategies across the organization. Lexington Insurance is the leading US- based surplus lines insurer, providing property, casualty and specialty coverage and programs for a broad range of insurers from small to middle-market companies, industry segments and commercial entities.
The position will be responsible for providing transformational leadership capabilities and have deep “HR Business Partner” experience in large organizations. The candidate will have been members of a business leadership team and developed and led an HR strategy in support of a function undergoing tremendous transformation. A successful candidate will have at least 15 years of relevant HR experience in best-practice, high performance organizations.
The candidate will possess the talents to be a successful change agent: effectively aligning and influencing stakeholders, be an inspirational communicator, be able to build commitment, and be tolerant of ambiguity. They will have a track record of working in complex, matrixed environments. The successful candidate will need to build relationships across levels and cultures and have the ability to effectively influence and coach senior executives. S/he will be experienced in guiding and directing high performance teams.
Importantly, the successful candidate will be strategic partners to the senior leadership team members, acting as a trusted advisor on organizational structure and effectiveness; succession planning, leadership, diversity, and helping AIG Property Casualty attract, motivate and retain talent. In addition, the individual will work collaboratively toward a best in class HR function and help AIG Property Casualty become a more progressive organization from a human capital perspective around the world.
• Experienced, senior leader in human resources with a best in class, large organization. Knowledge of Organization Development, Recruiting, Compensation, Talent Management, and Employee Relations is required.
• Outstanding commercial skills and a strong, incisive intellect, a successful track record that shows business impact through HR initiatives, as well as having the gravitas and credibility to work effectively with the senior leadership teams.
• Comfort with change and have the ability to adapt and be flexible with strategic realignment initiatives.
• Demonstrated results orientation and the intensity and drive to achieve excellence in strategy and execution.
• Able to balance competing priorities, as well as strategic and day-to-day service delivery.
• Excellent project management, organization, prioritization and multitasking skills are critical for success.
• Proven history of recommending and supporting implementation of enhancements and improvements to established processes and workflows.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze trends related to recurring issues and recommend approaches to the resolution or amelioration of these issues.
• Proven track record and be energetic, forward-thinking, creative, and able to challenge assumptions while providing HR best in class practices.
• Strong leadership; hiring, developing and coaching his/her team and driving the culture. The ability to attract and retain talent is important.
• Powerful business acumen and sound judgment, in order to make a contribution to total business performance.
• Transparent management skills and experience in successfully building trusting relationships with colleagues across an organization.
• Presence, vision, mobilizing skills, and collaborative spirit needed to lead transformational change.
• Proven belief in the core values of Integrity, Accountability, Positive-Can Do Attitude, Customer Focused, and Team Player.
• Closely partner with client group leadership to align and provide HR service, expertise, insight and solutions to advance the client group’s and AIG Property Casualty’ mission, values, and business objectives.
• Partner with management on organizational design, talent planning, employee training and development, diversity initiatives and strategy, employee relations, and individual coaching and mediating.
• Contribute functional and market insights to the development of strategies and implementation plans, as active members of the global HR leadership team
• Provide HR specific inputs to the development and execution of strategies, execution plans, and budgets.
• Partner with HR Centers of Excellence and client groups to effectively design, implement, communicate, manage, and enhance HR programs and initiatives.
• Drive performance management actions within client groups, including ensuring working familiarity with relative ratings, performance management tools, programs, and guidelines
• Provide HR project leadership on significant business events within assigned client groups, such as a business reorganization.
• Drive and support employee inclusion efforts.
• Lead the talent review and succession process by partnering with senior management in identifying development plans to address key skill and knowledge gaps.
• Ensure HR practices are compliant and programs manage risk for sustainable long term growth.
• Lead multiple large scale projects.
• Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent combination of experience; insurance or financial services industry preferred
• Able to travel up to 30% as needed.
• Multiple site employee base
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...