Published Job Title: HR Business Partner
Published Division/Department: Human Resources
Requisition #: 6005
Country: United States
Additional Posting Cities Austin
Additional Posting State Florida
Additional Posting Country United States
Percentage of Travel: 10% - 20%
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Shift: 1st Shift
Interest Category: Human Resources
HR Business Partner: Provides proactive HR consultation on human capital matters impacting assigned business groups- Takes a proactive approach with business groups to anticipate, assess,and provide HR solutions in relation to business needs, with guidance as needed from HR Director- Provides timely and effective advice on HR-related matters to employees and managers- Partners with other HR functional areas as needed to resolve internal customer issues- Acts as a change agent in supporting integration efforts and driving cultural change- Engages in workforce planning and analysis activities
2. Talent Acquisition: Partners with the Talent Acquistion team to address the staffing and recruitment needs for their business groups, particularly focusing on strategic hires- Strategizes with hiring managers to recommend and determine appropriate staffing and hiring requirements- May help identify the most effective recruiting channels for filling open positions- May help screen resumes and forwards qualified candidates to hiring managers- May conduct interviews and evaluate candidates with hiring managers- Analayzes compensation information in order to make a solid employment offer recommendation- May check references; extend job offers; and negotiate with candidates as required- Works with others within broader HR team to insure effective onboarding of talent
3. Employee Relations: Provides counsel and direction to employees and managers in order to address employment-related matters- Stays current on state and federal laws and regulations related to employment law- Serves as consultant to employees and managers on a wide variety of issues such as training needs, poor performance, policy interpretations, career development, conflict management, and other issues impacting productivity and/or morale - Conducts thorough and confidential investigations in response to formal complaints- Ensures business groups are trained on the Company's employment-related policies as required by law- Conducts exit interviews and uses data from interviews to work with leadership on necessary changes to reduce unwanted employee turnover. Analyzes turnover data to identify potential trends; addresses concerns with management and makes recommendations for improving the work environment- May complete annual Affirmative Action Plan for assigned location or business group- May consult with managers in preparation for unemployment claim hearings and/or participate in hearings directly
4. Benefits, Compensation, and Policy Administration: - Provides input into the development, implementation, and administration of HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through various employee communications- Assists managers with developing position descriptions and performs job evaluations in order to ensure proper FLSA and pay classification
5. Talent Management: - Supports the development and implementation of talent management initiatives and programs, including performance management, competency modeling, employee development, management development, and career development/succession planning- Consults with managers in identifying employee development needs- Develops training content and facilitates training sessions for managers and employees- Prepares ROI justification for training initiatives and articulates the value to management- Provides performance management advice and counsel to employees and managers
6. Other duties as assigned- May mentor lower level HR staff- May lead and/or participate in project teams
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelors’ Degree required or equivalent combination of education and HR experience; HRCI PHR certification preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At least 6 years of HR experience including experience performing exempt-level generalist HR responsibilities; strong employee relations experience. Experience working in a matrix environment and performing support to VPs and higher level executives strongly preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of federal and state regulations and compliance; broad understanding of HR principles and practices
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; exceptional customer focus; ability to build effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; computer skills (intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint); strong influencing and negotiation skills; solid research, analytical, and problem-solving skills; ability to demonstrate sound judgment on employment-related matters; strong follow-through/execution; ability to make effective small and large group presentations; ability to meet deadlines; project management skills including ability to lead project team members that are not direct reports; and ability to balance the needs of both management and employees.
HMH is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v and member of e-Verify.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt - 13 months ago
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company would like to thank all the professional students out there. The firm is a publisher of...