HR Business Partner
Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Baltimore, MD Shift/Schedule: DAY
Department: CRP: HR CORPORATE BENEFITS
Posted FTE: 1.0
Job Posting Category: Professionals
Hours of Work: M-F
Job ID #: 28845
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Minimum Education: Not Indicated
License/Cert Required: Not Indicated
Minimum Experience: Not Indicated
Specialty Type: Not Applicable
What You Will Do:
Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruiting and staffing; performance management and improvement; employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting; employee orientation; employee and labor relations; compensation and benefits; company-wide committee facilitation; and employee services and counseling
The Human Resources Generalist leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality productivity and standards, goal attainment, and ongoing development of UMMC Midtown’s workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
2. Recommends employee/labor relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
3. Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
4. Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline process of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
Benefits and Compensation
5. Prepare communication of benefits information to employees, including enrollment packets for Hospital benefits orientation; coordinate employee qualifying event benefit elections. Notify third party benefit vendor of new enrollment information/changes/terminations. Process health, dental and flexible spending account plan reimbursements in coordination with third party vendors and employees through Accounts Receivable. Process tuition reimbursement applications, follow-up on further required documentation.
6. Serve as a backup for Retirement packet preparation and distribution, including research and analysis involved with calculating pension calculations. Maintain pension records and files and compile necessary data for actuarial valuations, audits, Form 5500 filing, etc.
7. Serve as a backup for Family & Medical Leave interpretation and application of guidelines and regulations. Assist employees with application process for short and long-term disability; enter short-term disability bi-weekly payment through KRONOS.
8. Reconcile invoices and process check requisitions through Accounts Payable for invoices received from third party benefit vendors. Approve weekly health and dental plan wires and pension plan wires for payment through Accounts payable.
9. Investigate Workers’ Compensation claims in coordination with Employee Health and Third Party vendor; assist with transitional return to work.
10. Assist the Compensation Analyst in data gathering, analysis and solving issues related to compensation and pay practices within the Hospital.
Human Resource Information Systems
11. Enter and audit other Generalists new hire data entry for Lawson. Ensure accuracy of employee information by verifying with managers or HR contact. Use computer systems with accuracy and proficiency (e.g. Kronos; Meditech; Lawson).
12. Maintain employee-related data bases. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
Development of the Human Resources Department
13. Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus.
14. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
15. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
16. Assists with establishing departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
17. Assists with the monitoring of an annual budget.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management/Business-related field with a minimum of two years experience is preferred; equivalent combination of relevant education, training, and professional experience may be considered. Experience with Microsoft Office is required.
Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations is preferred. Must have the ability to make recommendations to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
University of Maryland Medical Center
- 23 months ago - save job