Houston Role synopsis The HR Business partner delivers HR advice to and ensures team leaders in NAGP are aligned with the HR People Plan. The HR Business Partner works with line managers in undertaking appropriate reward, recruiting, performance management, organization effectiveness, compliance, and disciplinary matters. Additionally the HR Business Partner plays a critical team role in delivering a cohesive One HR agenda, maximizing the effectiveness of talent in key roles. Key accountabilities - Business Partnering: Works directly with team leaders to ensure critical people processes are effectively and efficiency undertaken. Demonstrates sufficient business knowledge to be effective in contributing to critical people decisions. Balances business requests with a primary focus on delivering key IST People Plan objectives.
To remain one of the world's premier integrated oil companies, BP recognises that it needs a highly respected, high performing, world class HR function which combines the provision of strategic advice to business leaders with efficient and effective transactional support to line managers and employees. HR is one of 3 shared service functions (HR, IT & Services and Finance) that, together with our operating management system and code of conduct act as 'bolts' for the company across all BP businesses, helping to ensure that we follow a common purpose.
- People Plan: Intimately understands goals of the IST People Plan and role in achieving them. Partners with the HR Manager to develop a local implementation plan. Engages business partners in the successful delivery of key people initiatives.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Provides line management with advice and options for improving organizational effectiveness, productivity and working practices in line with the Business / People Plan.
- Talent Management and Succession Planning: Delivers Talent Review process for team leaders. Undertakes high quality analysis while ensuring Talent folders are produced on time. Facilitate Talent Review meetings and implement effective action plans to support an upgrade in the organisation capability with a particular focus on differentiated careers paths.
- Recruitment and Staffing: Manages experienced business recruiting and migration activities for team leaders while ensuring conformity to IST and BP Group recruiting standards. Assists in the implementation of resourcing initiatives devised under the IST People Plan for successful adoption within regional businesses. Partners with the resourcing team to achieve superior access to external talent and continuous streamlining of BP processes.
- Leadership Development: Implements key Leadership Development initiatives and programs in partnership with team leaders. Contributes to development and improvement of IST People Plan agreed Leadership, Management and Personal Development programs.
- Reward and Performance Management: Ensures team lead enrolment and execution of key reward and performance cycle programs and initiatives. Facilitates business unit Performance Management (SMART objectives, Performance Review) and Reward (pay / promotion review, bonus, stock and recognition) processes ensuring alignment with business / individual results.
- Employee Relations and Engagement: Primary point of contact for team leaders’ employee relations matters. Delivery of disciplinary processes. Advises line management on employment regulations and procedures to enable successful re-organizations, management change, improvement in working practices and productivity and without adverse impact on regulatory / legal compliance, company reputation or employee engagement.
- HR Policy Administration and Services: Primary accountability for ensuring accuracy of team leaders’ people data. Ensures business compliance with HR polices and programmes. Advise IST HR leadership and business leadership on local legal / regulatory requirements. Enrols business in the smooth transition to SAP service delivery model through effective change leadership. Essential Education - Minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with a focus in Human Resources Management preferred. Essential experience and job requirements - 7-10 years of progressive experience in Human Resources; ideally in energy trading, investment banking or similar environments.
- Solid analytical competence with an ability to translate data to support trends, concepts and initiatives.
- Strong sense of urgency and bias for action.
- Responsive and accessible partner to the business and HR team.
- Independent and strategic thinker.
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organization in a fast paced and dynamic environment; ability to be flexible to meet multiple competing priorities.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to work with diverse perspectives and schools of thought.
- An understanding of compliance and the implications of non-compliance in a trading environment.
- Good team player – ability to contribute ideas to continually improve processes.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with client group and be recognized as the HR expert. Desirable criteria & qualifications - Masters degree preferred.
- Prior experience supporting a trade floor, as well as working in an international HR team preferred. Relocation available Negotiable Travel required Negligible travel Is this a part time position? No About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The HR function does this through the development and delivery of well executed HR services, policies and processes to ensure we have the right people in the right roles when we need them, motivated and able to deliver outstanding performance. We believe that the HR Function must: - be an enabler for the businesses in all areas related to people - be a professional and credible function - work silently and efficiently - deliver the above at a reasonable cost This is achieved by delivering: - business partnering and support - building the people capability and organisational solutions to enable businesses to deliver their strategies and plans - operational excellence - an efficient HR operational service based on HR systems, people data and core HR processes - governance, policy and coherence - ensuring that the Group has an effective system of HR compliance and controls in line with regulatory requirements and company policies and standards and by creating coherence in HR areas recognised as core.
Our HR business partner teams are embedded in the business and combine functional expertise with a deep understanding of the business they support. These teams are supported by HR operations teams who deliver silent running on core HR services and by HR specialist teams in the functional corporate centre who use their deep expertise to create business aligned HR solutions and frameworks. We are looking for talented, committed HR professionals who can work with the business to deliver the right people solutions that create competitive advantage to the organisation. Disclaimer If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. BP is an equal opportunity employer Segment Integrated Supply & Trading Removal Date 07-Dec-2012
BP - 20 months ago
BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business...