1. Assist with recruitment tasks as needed. (provide support to drive hourly candidate flow, screen and interview leadership applications for
2. Coach, counsel and guide managers before the execution of employee disciplinary actions
3. Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for associates to influence the continuous improvement for HR services and processes
4. Drive people processes to ensure that associates capabilities meet current and future standards
5. Maintain close contact with the HR team to ensure alignment with corporate HR
6. Support line management in forecasting, planning and developing the talent pipeline
7. Ensure that key HR processes are executed to company standard (Associates files, minor work rules, wage and hour, performance evaluations,
on boarding and training etc.)
8. Support the delivery of training programs
9. Manage specific projects as determined by HR and the business
10. Respond to, investigate and resolve associate issues and concerns
11. Provide direction, information and support for key HR processes and projects such as compensation, benefits, wellness etc.
12. Act as the liaison for line management to the HR team in the development and execution of appropriate HR support of the business
13. Partner with assigned business leader in driving business results through outstanding people processes
14. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
15. Must be at work on a regular and predictable basis or as scheduled.
Education and Qualifications
1. Capacity to understand people issues impacting the business and how the business can create profit and value
2. Demonstrates integrity in all business interactions and honors commitments
3. Ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly and persuasively
4. Skill in project management, resource management and strategic planning
5. Ability to reach agreements and consensus despite differing priorities
6. Capacity to understand problems and issues in the context of the bigger picture and the relationships between sub-components
7. Ability to use research methods effectively, including data collection and analytical skills
8. Bachelor's Degree
9. Experience in the administration of HR programs
10. General knowledge of and experience with employment laws and practices
11. Experience with Microsoft Office: Skill in database management and record keeping
12. PHR or SPHR
13. Retail or general management experience preferred
14. HR Generalist experience preferred
Gordmans is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Gordmans offers an easy-to-shop layout, energetic signage and graphics, Gordmans Giggles children’s theater, a sports-themed seating...