Support the goals and objectives of Newedge and the HR team by partnering with managers and employees to create an engaged and motivated workforce that will allow the company to succeed. Provide guidance to managers and employees on all HR related issues.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal employment laws
- Keep abreast of changes to local, federal and state employment legislation
- Consult with managers and employees on the implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Identify modifications or changes to policies and procedures necessary to meet the evolving needs of the organization
- Participate in strategic business planning with functional business units and provide guidance regarding staffing and other HR matters
- Assist with implementation of company initiatives and HR policies
- Partner with management to develop performance management plans and drive employee effectiveness
- Effectively manage the staffing and recruitment process
- As required, validate current market data, analysis, and competitor information to ensure employees within the assigned functional business units are compensated in line with the company’s pay philosophy
- Partner with Learning and Development and functional managers to facilitate and implement talent review, training programs, and identification and career management of functional business unit high potentials
- Conduct new hire orientations
- Assist employees with policy, benefit and payroll questions
- Respond to and investigate allegations of employee misconduct, and escalate as needed.
- Gather and maintain accurate data and create reports as needed
- Research and present topics of interest to the HR team periodically
- Introduce ideas for improving HR’s contribution to employee and company success
- Assist with coordination of annual performance evaluations, compensation reviews, and promotions
- Maintain employee files according to local, state and federal regulations, and legal guidelines
- Manage termination process; create an exit communication strategy with the leaver and remaining team members; conduct exit interviews
- Complete or assist with special projects as needed
Newedge offers global multi-asset brokerage services across a broad range of listed and OTC derivatives and securities. As a Futures Commission Merchant, Newedge consistently ranks No. 1 or No. 2, based on the CFTC’s (US regulator) tracking of customer assets on deposit. As an independently run agency broker, we offer a very different and more effective service to investment banks. We are a leading force in global multi-asset brokerage, overseeing more than 20 offices across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. Newedge offers access to over 85 of the world’s top derivative and stock exchanges, and has 3,000+ employees serving mainly institutional clients.
- 3+ years progressive HR generalist experience, preferably within an global financial services institution
- In-depth knowledge of US and local legal requirements and best practices related to recruitment, employee relations, employment law and immigration
- General knowledge of US and local compensation and benefits regulations and best practices
- Understanding of brokerage industry highly desirable
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ADP, HRIS)
- B usiness acumen that goes beyond HR and a strong knowledge of Newedge
- Ability to identify, develop and maintain effective professional relationships within the organization
Newedge - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
The corporate and investment banking arm of French superbank Crédit Agricole, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (or Crédit...