The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. We are currently seeking an HR Business Partner for our Madison, NJ location.
Partner to design and implement a sustainable organization that supports growth, quality and productivity by:
- Driving the People strategy
- Leveraging human capital to increase organizational capability and service delivery
- Facilitating employee advocacy and fostering employee engagement
Partners with business/functional leaders at the mid/Supervisor level to influence the design and execution of the business strategy by providing consultative support and leadership. Translates the business plan into talent and organizational plans and drives for results by building organizational capability and performance. Liaisons with HR Centers of Excellence and Service Center to ensure optimal HR collaboration and service levels to clients.
The individual in this role will support both the Clinical Franchises Organization and the Enterprise-Wide Enabling Functions. The Clinical Franchises Organization is a newly formed business at Quest Diagnostics established around disease and health-states as horizontal business units that manage strategic marketing and solution management capability. The Enterprise-Wide Enabling Functions are the horizontally integrated support functions including: CFO Group, Chief Medical Officer Group, Human Resources, Legal, Compliance, Communications, and Strategy & Ventures.
Strategy & Planning
- Builds relationships with mid level clients. Is a trusted and credible partner who anticipates needs and proactively recommends solutions.
- Serves as an active member of the leadership team in assigned business/function and is able to influence and challenge others at this level
- Has a solid understanding of current and future business trends, both internal and external
- Serves as a coach providing guidance and consultation to leadership
Business Based Outcomes
- Consults with leaders to develop and execute business strategy to build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and process. Provides strategic direction and influences at all levels in order to drive implementation of the strategy
- Translates the business plan into talent and organizational plan (e.g. in conjunction with the HR Director (HRBP), contributes to the People Strategy for assigned business to include: organizational re-design, strategic workforce planning, total rewards solutions, succession planning and talent management, organizational development and employee engagement of workforce)
- Optimizes transformational change efforts by providing consulting support, guidance and a framework for leading and managing change
- Responsible for succession planning / pipeline to ensure leadership talent in support the business strategy
- Partners with and influences HR Centers of Excellence and HR Service Center to ensure the business is receiving optimal service and value added programs that are aligned with business strategy.
- Use outcome based metrics supplied by HR Service Center to identify trends and influence the business
People Management & HR Development
- Ensures strong leadership teams in place and plays a key role in recruiting senior level talent
- Drives toward strong organizational performance as evidenced by business measures such as productivity, quality and service
- Drives toward optimal culture that facilitates employees’ success. This includes Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion.
- Drives for high performance work environment that makes the organization a great place to work and delivers results
- No direct supervisory responsibility
- May indirectly influence and mentor other HR professionals
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
- BA/BS in HR or related field; Master’s in HR/MBA or related field preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office products and HR systems
- Strong spreadsheet skills - data analysis and presentation
- Strong process/project management skills
- Understanding of state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Highly developed and effective leadership and strategic influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively with mid-level to senior members of the organization
- 4+ years exempt level Human Resources experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Drive for results
Dealing with ambiguity
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics - 11 months ago
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...