Union Square Hospitality Group has an exciting new position in their expanding Human Resources Department.
As we grow our company, we will be growing our HR team to support our news businesses,
and we are now seeking an HR Business Partner for Union Square Events.
This position will report to our Director of Human Resources while on location with the expanding and growing division of Union Square Events.
This division includes a wide range of businesses including Event Production, Catering, Sports and Entertainment
and our newly created partnership Creative Juice.
This HR Business Partner is responsible for supporting the Steering Committee members of Union Square Events and to provide HR and employee relations support to all our employees throughout the organization. All HR practices at this operation will be aligned with our company guidelines and philosophies.
The HR Business Partner is responsible for:
- Responding to and managing employee relations issues.
- Partnering with the HR team to ensure total compliance with wage and hour laws, and employment practices law; ensuring consistency of applicable laws, policies and practices.
- Assist and support with recruitment of managers and above.
- Creating and implementing an onboarding process for all new hires at all levels.
- Providing benefit information for health benefits, leaves of absence, etc.. Conduct enrollment meetings and work with the HR team during open enrollment.
- Leading the annual Performance Management process and ensuring support and alignment with company polices.
- Managing timely deliverables for day to day work as well as projects and special assignments.
- Assisting with the identification and administration of training initiatives onsite, with support from the USHG Training Manager.
- Ensure compliance with the company's human resources policies and appropriate governmental laws and regulations.
- Develop and manage communications for “people practices” at this unit, including regular meetings with various work teams, quarterly reports on key HR metrics, and the coordination of HR planning sessions with managers and executives.
- 5 to 10 years of proven HR experience as an HR Generalist (restaurant, hotel and/or retail experience preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of all federal and state wage and hour law as well as employment practices law
- Undergraduate Degree or Masters Degree, preferable in HR Management
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Fluent in Spanish would be most desirable
Union Square Hospitality Group - 2 years ago
Union Square Hospitality Group is a leading operator of upscale Manhattan dining spots with a portfolio of 10 restaurants. Owned by chef...