Supports the Human Resources Director in all areas of human resources. Assists in functional areas including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, payroll, employee relations, recruiting and retention, training and development, HRMS, and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Establishes and maintains a solid working relationship with both internal departments as well as with VCV HR staff.
- Performs tasks related to screening, interviewing and pre and post hiring process for candidate selection.
- Conducts new hire orientation including processing of new hire paperwork to ensure compliance.
- Maintains employment records, ensuring complete accuracy, confidentiality and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Creates and generates scheduled or requested reports.
- Coordinate annual benefit enrollments, ensuring employees are educated on plan design and administration.
- Assists with leave management, benefit administration, and HR procedures and policies.
- Assist in the promotion and implementation of the annual employee engagement survey.
- Assists in coordinating the employee recognition practices, programs and events.
- Coordinate and record participation for staff training and development events or programs.
- Provide back-up for receptionist/front desk duties.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
This position has no management responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors in Human Resources or equivalent degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Possess a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Creates and maintains a partnership between employees, the community, and those we serve that fosters an environment honoring individual preferences, choices and traditions.
- Exhibits well developed verbal and written communication skills, and is able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions in English.
- Ability to cope with mental and emotional stress related to the position, function independently, having flexibility, consistency and professionalism.
- Develops and sustains safe, positive and productive work habits.
- Demonstrates compliance with all Via Christi policies and procedures.
- Basic computer knowledge and typing skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
- Frequently required to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally required to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds for short distances.
- Occasionally required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to sit in a stationary position.
- Occasionally performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
- Constantly able to use hands and fingers to type, write, and file.
- Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer. We support diversity in the workplace.
Via Christi Health System - 19 months ago