Percent Time: |
Type of Position
Regular: A position which is considered essential for the effective long-term operation of the university. Persons appointed to this position will receive the privileges and benefits associated with regular employment status.
HEALTH CARE JOB FUNCTION PURPOSE
Collaborate with leadership to assure an engaged, competent and diverse workforce through developing and administering policies and programs for recruitment, compensation, development, support, and retention.
HEALTH CARE JOB FAMILY/JOB FAMILY PURPOSE
Enhance the operations of Radiology by providing advice and guidance to Radiology leadership and employees, and performing transactions within all subject matters of Human Resources.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
HR Transactions and Maintenance of Employee Information:
• Initiate, review and edit transactions at the department level.
• Perform data entry.
• Maintain confidential personnel files and as appropriate, a separate medical file on each department staff member. Review and forward personnel file when staff member transfers to a new department.
• Audit and maintain standard reports to assure completeness and accuracy of information.
Compensation / Payroll:
• Analyze data and make recommendations to unit/department leadership regarding compensation determination.
• Advise and provide recommendations to department on classification placements/review, new hire salary recommendations, equity reviews.
• Gather data to initiate recruitment.
• May coordinate interviews.
• Support search steps and finalize hiring process.
• Advise department on UI hiring practices for non-contract covered Merit, AFSCME, P&S, SEIU, Postdoctoral, Graduate RA appointments/COGS contract requirements, Faculty and Temporary/Student recruitment.
• Investigate, interpret, and/or resolve HR/workplace issues initiated by employees and/or managers.
• Consult with supervisors and appropriate HR staff and make recommendations on employee performance and discipline.
• Provide resource information and support to supervisors in managing performance issues.
• May assist supervisors with preparing correspondence associated with performance management.
• Assist in understanding contract language.
• Attend HR Unit Rep Meetings.
• Relay HR Unit Rep information to Radiology personnel.
• Distribute information as directed in a timely manner.
Human Resource and Financial Management:
• May provide direction, assignments, feedback, coaching and counseling to assure outcomes are achieved.
• Hire, develop and manage the performance of staff; assure staff are compliant with UI policies and procedures.
Adheres to UIHC policies regarding personal conduct, including: following established leadership, remaining responsive to instruction and coaching from supervisors and meeting the standards of personal appearance, attendance and punctuality.
• Understanding of how to anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
• Knowledge of the rights and obligations in the employee and employer relationship; ability to create or apply programs and address issues that support a healthy and productive work environment.
• Knowledge of and ability to implement HR related tasks, processes, and projects to ensure that day-to-day operations run smoothly.
HR Planning and Development
• Knowledge of and ability to plan and develop an organization's HR operations in order to increase individual and organizational effectiveness.
• Ability to apply organization's performance management system, practices, and tools to developing and improving individual, team, and organizational performance.
Staffing, Hiring, Selection
• Ability to participate in the process of recruitment of permanent and contract personnel, achieving optimal match between candidate and position.
Collaboration and Embracing Diversity:
• Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner while appreciating the unique contribution of individuals from varied cultures, race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Positive Impact/Achieving Results:
• Ability to utilize existing resources and learning to achieve or exceed desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs.
• Able to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations while producing results.
Service Excellence/Customer Focus:
• Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
• Ability to effectively transmit and interpret information through appropriate communication with internal and external customers.
Supervision is received from the Department of Radiology Director of Clinical Functions / Administrator.
Functional and administrative supervision is exercised over administrative support staff in area of responsibility.
A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• Reasonable 1-3 years of human resources experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer relations skills.
• Must be proficient in computer software applications.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Experience working independently and in a team to achieve objectives
Certification in Human Resources by SHRM is desirable
• Working knowledge of state and federal regulations affecting Human Resources.
• Considerable 3-5 years of human resources experience is desired.
• Successful completion of HR Fundamental Series sponsored by UI Human Resources.
• Prior experience in Human Resources solutions such as Employee Self Service, Payroll (ELMS), Compliance (ERMA), Recruiting, Learning Management, Compensation Management and/or Staff Scheduling.
• Working knowledge of UI HR policies and procedures.
Online Application Options
This job requires basic applicant information, plus a resume. Your resume should not be sent to the contact below. The resume will be attached during the Online Application Process.
A plain text cover letter is required.
References must be filled out online during the application process, however, only professional references will be allowed.
Number of References: 3
To start the Online Application process for this position, click the "Apply for This Position" button located below the Contact Information.
Attention: Your resume should not be sent to the contact below. The resume will be attached during the Online Application Process.
Kate C Banta - email@example.com
JOHN PAPPAJOHN PAVILION
140 HAWKINS DR
IOWA CITY, IA 52242
The University of Iowa - 30+ days ago