POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The HR Communication Specialist will assist in executing communications strategies and HR notifications to influence employee engagement, increase employee knowledge and share key company messages. Responsibilities will include working with HR subject matter experts to develop content for various communications channels, including the Intranet, emails, print materials, surveys, Town Hall Meetings, presentations and leadership forums. The HR Communication Specialist serves as a team member within the HR Home Office team and reports directly to the Manager, Organization Development.
video communications to the global employee base or to targeted audiences within the company.
- Develop messaging and creative platforms for functional team(s) in line with company strategy and branding.
- Serve as the single point of contact for assigned HR subject matter experts on the development and distribution of enterprise-wide messages, including managing distribution lists.
- Research, write, edit, proofread, produce and distribute print, online and potential
- Gather and analyze data on communications effectiveness and recommend improvements to extend reach and readership.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the HR team and Executive team to fulfill role and to contribute to enterprise-wide communications programs.
- Maintain a communications infrastructure (e.g. process, tools, channels, vehicles) while continually driving improvements in effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Communications, Public Relations, Visual Communications, Marketing or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional communications experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas simply and meaningfully to audiences of diverse background and levels across the organization
- Track record of communications-related accountability as a business partner
- Strong listening, creative thinking and relationship-building skills; proven customer focus
- Highly effective interpersonal, consulting and negotiation skills with a demonstrated ability to work and influence effectively across the organization
- Collaborative team player
- Able to work independently, prioritize work, manage projects, handle details and display organizational and editorial skills
- Successful experience planning, project managing and implementing multi-dimensional communication projects for a large, complex organization
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment; including adherence to deadlines, and project management skills.
- Experienced in Web/intranet communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Basic working knowledge of the functions of Human Resources
- Ability to assess RFPs for intranet upgrade project
- Experience working with international field offices
- Working knowledge of multimedia and experience coordinating video communications is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.