HR Compensation & Financial Analyst
Scope of Position
The Human Resources Compensation & Financial Analyst is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures, in order to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. The Human Resources Compensation & Financial Analyst is also responsible to lead various initiatives related to data gathering and analysis for the Human Resources organization.
Reports to: Vice President, Human Resources
Division/Department: Corporate / Human Resources
Location: San Diego, CA
90% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) telephones, and general office equipment. 10% of the time may be spent outside of the office at other EDF Renewable Energy locations, conferences, etc.
- Establish and maintain the company's compensation system, including but not limited to the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Perform internal job analysis, evaluation and market pricing – annually and ad-hoc.
- Drive key compensation analysis in areas such as internal equity analysis, review of compression issues, identification of retention needs, and other data-driven research linking pay to business needs.
- Manage the job/salary survey process.
- Prepare analysis to assist with company salary structure movement and budget decisions.
- Provide proactive and strategic support of international initiatives, and educate and influence EDF Renewable Energy on all compensation-related issues and decisions.
- Design, develop, and deliver compensation tools, templates, and guidelines to support international needs.
- Assist with the employee performance and compensation review process.
- Assist with the current short term and long term incentive based compensation programs and their evolution into a systematic solution.
Analyze the effectiveness of all incentive programs and make changes as needed.
- Manage excel workbooks for the company, each leader and their team and develop summary reports for CEO review.
- Identify, recommend, and implement HRIS related solutions to support EDF Renewable Energy HR’s strategic direction, action plans, and employee initiatives.
- Ensure projects meet expected standards of cost, schedule, completion time line, and quality.
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of HR business drivers and metrics.
- Lead financial support for HR including all reporting and analytics (i.e. assess financial impact of changes to corporate HR policies).
- Support various ad hoc financial analytics including comparative analyses.
- Challenge status quo – identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Other responsibilities as outlined by the VP, Human Resources.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We
maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Bachelors’ degree required, preferably in a Business Administration, Human Resources or Accounting/Finance related discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience with a large, multinational organization within compensation analysis, business unit financial analysis management, and/or business analysis.
- Strong cross-functional experience in finance, accounting, and human resources.
- Strong Excel knowledge and aptitude.
- Proven problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and project management tools.
- Creative problem solving combined with extremely strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional organization skills with strong attention to detail; experience dealing with projects, paperwork and legal documents.
- Good time management skills, the ability to work independently as well as synergistically with HR Administration and Recruitment and the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment are critical.
EDF Renewable Energy - 13 months ago
EDF Renewable Energy is a leading U.S. independent power producer with more than 25 years of expertise in the renewable industry, covering...