Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
POSITION SUMMARY: The HR Compliance Specialist will be independently responsible for ensuring the organizations compliance with respect to all Government Contractor/Subcontractor regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for the providing compliance guidance, including creation of policies and procedures, related to OFCCP regulatory requirements for Government Contractors;
· Responsible for the initial development and ongoing maintenance of the company’s Affirmative Action Plans;
· Responsible for annual EEO-1 and VETS 100 reporting, including review and maintenance of data, ensuring data accuracy for annual filings;
· Works closely with internal and external legal counsel on all compliance matters related to government contractor compliance;
· Provides guidance to relevant HR teams and managers regarding applicant tracking requirements and affirmative action hiring goals;
· Remains current on all regulatory and legal changes regarding Government Contractor and general HR compliance requirements;
· Prepares and submits various types of required reporting;
· Coordinates other compliance projects and activities as required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, or related area, required.
5 – 7 years of experience in the implementation, maintenance and management of government contractor compliance programs, required.
Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Ability to meet established deadlines and demonstrate excellent time management and efficiency
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.