Airgas HR Coordinator - Cleveland, OH
Click here to apply!
The right location. The right product. The right expertise. The right career. You’ll find it with us!
Airgas is a company of doers, not talkers. Our associates would rather roll up their sleeves and get the job done than write a memo. They embrace change, instead of running from it. This entrepreneurial spirit has fueled Airgas’ growth from a small Connecticut packages gas operation in 1982 to America’s largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding and safety supplies. At Airgas, you have the opportunity to make your mark as an individual, backed by a business that gives you the tools, training and products to succeed.
Airgas is organized into four new Divisions, each with its own Business Support Center (BSC) which will provide accounting support and administrative functions for the Division. As part of this alignment and BSC expansion, Airgas has many new employment opportunities available.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for processing and maintaining personnel documents for current employees and high volume of new hires. He or she will enter payroll data in ADP payroll system, assist employees with queries relating to employment and benefits, and provide support to other human resource functions including drug test tracking, uniforms, and cell phone administration. This position is high volume and requires knowledge of a multi-state processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Create and distributes new hire binders to approved new hires and transfers.
- Create and maintain employee files, verify and follow-up with managers as needed to obtain paperwork.
- Process all new hires, transfers, rehires, terminations, rate changes, leave of absences (working with Benefits and Compensation Specialist), and job changes in EV4.
- Serve as uniform program coordinator by assisting employees with ordering uniforms, safety shoes, and prescription eyewear program.
- Ensure all field locations have required federal and state postings.
- Answer routine telephone inquiries regarding HR/Company policies and procedures.
- Administer Verizon phone program.
- Responsible for non-DOT random drug testing program and reporting.
- Ensure that managers are notified for testing monthly.
- Follow-up with managers and testing facilities to confirm testing has occurred.
Airgas is recognized by customers coast to coast as a premiere provider of high-quality products, services and expertise, and by investors as one of the fastest growing companies on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: ARG).
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; 2-year associate degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years HR/office administration experience;
- Prefer previous experience with ADP Enterprise Version 4; ReportSmith experience helpful.
- Basic knowledge of HR and general office is a plus.
We combine a strong national presence with personal, local service. Our associates work in an organizational structure that encourages decision-making close to the customer, so national strategies lead to local success, branch by branch.
We understand that customer relationships are built at the local level. That's why Airgas provides its businesses with the support they need to meet their customers' needs and grow. At Airgas, you have the opportunity to make your mark as an individual, backed by a business that gives you the tools, training and products to succeed.
Airgas is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a drug free workplace.
To apply, click here or follow the link below:
Airgas Inc. - 3 years ago
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...