Working at the direction of the Director of Total Rewards, the HR Specialist is responsible for supporting the day to day activities of the Total Rewards functions.
- First point of contact for employee’s with questions/issues related to benefit plans and policies
- Assists in organizing, maintaining and tracking all leaves of absence cases ensuring all required documents are provided to the employee on leave.
- Processes monthly benefit premiums, reconciles amounts, and coordinates timely submissions to Finance.
- Processes new hire and terminated employee benefits.
- Assists employees with Open Enrollment elections using manual or Employee Self Service Systems.
- Supports the corporate Wellness program. Works with Benefits and Wellness Manager to ensure program is meeting employee needs and is cost effective
- Coordinates distribution and reconciliation of T-passes.
- Maintains HR documents (i.e., job evaluation tracking sheet, position map, Job Description folders).
- Accurately processes employee information into the ADP HRIS system including but not limited to new hire information, status change information, benefit additions and changes, and terminations.
- Assists in maintaining ADP data integrity including aiding in audits, and creating/editing job code numbers, departments, cost centers, and benefits within ADP.
- Review and audit timesheets for completion and accuracy. Generate time entry reports for payroll & human resources. First point of contact for time entry questions and processes.
- Assist in maintaining integrity of the Human Resources intranet page including revisions to the employee handbook, org charts, benefits documents and position map.
- Run basic Human Resources and inter-departmental reports.
- Complete all employment verification requests in adherence to company policy.
- Send all-company emails regarding changes in employee information.
- Answer the HR Customer Service line.
- Maintains file room by independently filing, preparing labels, and maintaining/updating files according to standardized procedures. Checks own work to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Direct supervision is received weekly.
- Associates degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Business, Finance or a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Three years of experience in a Human Resources department or office environment.
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Previous experience supporting Benefits, Compensation or HRIS.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ADP products.
- Detail oriented, excellent proof reading, auditing, editing and critical thinking skills.
- Effective collaborative and proven process improvement skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, organize and manage projects.
- Thrives in fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to work OT during peak periods.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan
- 2 years ago - save job