Human Resources Coordinator
This position is responsible for supporting all aspects of human resources including employee relations, payroll, benefits and recruitment.
- Conducts new hire orientation for all corporate and retail employees and contractors. This includes completing all offer, new hire paperwork, background checks, benefit orientation and forwarding necessary information to Payroll and Benefits
- Manage general HR email box to assist employees with HR, employment, payroll and benefit related questions in a professional and timely manner
- Filing and general upkeep of active and terminated employee files
- Submit monthly invoices to Finance for payment
- Assist in the planning, organizing and execution of Health Fair and annual open enrollment period
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking all workers comp claims and associated paperwork
- Support recruiting efforts through job posting, resume screening, interview scheduling and candidate correspondence.
- Record all OSHA reporting information
- Ensure all HR content is up-to-date on company intranet
- Ensure all employees are enrolled in benefits in accordance with their eligibility dates and any necessary paperwork is distributed and followed up on
- Maintain corporate organizational charts
- Running/sending out monthly HRIS reports (new hire/terms, employee address reports, benefit balancing, vacation accruals etc.)
- Manage anniversary award program
- Complete additional projects/tasks as assigned by HR team
- 2-4 years HR experience in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Human Resources
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required. Accuracy, organizational skills and attention to detail are critical.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in using an HRIS, preferably ADP
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Accepts accountability for actions; is trusted to perform and is relied upon to complete tasks
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency
Design Within Reach (commonly referred to as DWR) could be just out of reach for the average Joe furniture-shopper's wallet. The...